• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pauline: Panthers sleeper team to trade for Sam Darnold

TheSpecialJuan

“Last week before the pro day, I said that it was 90% that Sam Darnold was going to be traded, and they were going to take Zach Wilson with the second pick. I was hedging because I wanted to see his pro day. It’s about 99%. I think Zach Wilson will be a New York Jet. I’m not going to say it’s set in stone because we’ve got to wait for those medicals.

“Those are the most critical parts. In any normal year, the New York Jets will have had all the medical information by now because it would have taken place at the Combine in late February. Now, it’s a little bit later than usual for all of the players who are being invited to Indianapolis for the Combine medical.”

Pauline responded, “Obviously, the market is shrinking. It’s probably going to be a third-round type pick. The Colts are out; the 49ers are now out. Maybe you’re looking at Washington; maybe you’re looking at Chicago. I guess the sleeper would be the Carolina Panthers. That is the sleeper team unless they want to move up and get a quarterback.

“They talked about Deshaun Watson. The owner, David Tepper, wanted Deshaun Watson. I don’t know if that’s the situation right now, given everything Deshaun Watson has going on, but I think the Panthers would be the sleeper team as far as Sam Darnold is concerned. And you’re likely looking at a third-round pick or a fourth-round pick that could be a conditional upgrade depending on how much Darnold plays à la the Carson Wentz trade to the Indianapolis Colts

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/sam-darnold-trade-partners-2021/

This would be 2 bad QB moves in 2 years. Just stop, a trade is only good for the Jets. If they release him then fine, but fug giving up any draft capital for him. I wouldn't even trade a 6th or 7th at this point for him. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it happens I hope it's during the draftm I'd prefer to see how things shake out before settling for trading for someone else's trash.

Yep.  Or unless we see more action like the 49ers and we can lock in more QBs with teams ahead of us 

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

This would be 2 bad QB moves in 2 years. Just stop, a trade is only good for the Jets. If they release him then fine, but fug giving up any draft capital for him. I wouldn't even trade a 6th or 7th at this point for him. 

I would take him for a 6th or 7th. Come on now. 

• Pie 3