• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pauline: Panthers sleeper team to trade for Sam Darnold

TheSpecialJuan

17 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

NFL Network's Michael Giardi reports the 49ers are asking for a first-round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo.

Patriots have reportedly been "sniffing around" for another option under center but were told Garoppolo would cost a first-round pick. The 29-year-old will clearly stay in San Francisco another year if the organization isn't willing to budge on that absurd return. Due a $26.4 million cap hit in 2021, it remains a real possibility the team sticks with Garoppolo no matter who joins the roster with the No. 3 overall pick.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

darnold has a fatal flaw in my opinion and it's in his throwing mechanics. he had the arm strength to negate the weakness somewhat in his NCAA days, but he's like an MLB pitcher that tips his pitches and defensive backs are able to get early jumps based on how long it takes him from decision to throw to getting the ball out. if you're not perfect with your ball placement, it's a lot easier to get picked off. it hurts him a lot in the redzone also because of how quick windows close on short field. 

i think if he washes out at his next shot at starting, he needs to take a backup role somewhere and adopt a more traditional throwing motion. it's going to be hard to break his muscle memory, but he's just so far behind with it. he drops the ball below his waist in his load up and it's just a dead giveaway the ball is coming out. 

• Beer 1

I would love for us to obtain the Jags Gardner Minshew, who i feel could be gotten at a reasonable price.

In 21 games, 19 starts, playing for a horrible team, Minshew completed 461 out of 737 (62.6%) of his passes for 5,126 yards, 34 touchdowns and 11 interception.

I believe at best  would be a very good starter and worst case a top rated backup.

On 4/2/2021 at 7:45 AM, NJPanthers89 said:

Jimmy Garrapolo is a legit starting QB.  Teddy and Darnold are not on his level.  I would be very excited if the Panthers were able to come away with Jimmy G.  The obstacles are obviously his contract, can’t pay him and Teddy so a trade won’t work, and obviously he’s injury prone.  

The Niners seem to have an out with his contract this season, so I actually expect that he has a higher chance of being cut rather than traded.  Unless they actually do want to let the rookie sit a year which is hard to believe but they are in win now mode so it’s plausible (think Chiefs with Alex the year Mahomes sat)

Jimmy legitimately can't make it thru a season..

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

I would love for us to obtain the Jags Gardner Minshew, who i feel could be gotten at a reasonable price.

In 21 games, 19 starts, playing for a horrible team, Minshew completed 461 out of 737 (62.6%) of his passes for 5,126 yards, 34 touchdowns and 11 interception.

I believe at best  would be a very good starter and worst case a top rated backup.

Career backup.. Jags realized that early.. We don't need to find out..

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

Minshew was drafted what in the fourth or fifth round in the same draft That we took Grier in the third round. And didnt hurney say that tjryvthought Grier had a higher grade than many other QBs in the draft? So Grier hasn't thrown one td pass in his career while ,minshew has thrown for 34. Yea somebody should be shot for whoever's did our scouting in this draft.

38 minutes ago, 54th man said:

Minshew was drafted what in the fourth or fifth round in the same draft That we took Grier in the third round. And didnt hurney say that tjryvthought Grier had a higher grade than many other QBs in the draft? So Grier hasn't thrown one td pass in his career while ,minshew has thrown for 34. Yea somebody should be shot for whoever's did our scouting in this draft.

Hurney was always straight trash after the 1st. This is nothing new. He was particularly trash in the mid-rounds. Most of his good picks outside of the 1st came on late round fliers.

On 4/1/2021 at 7:39 PM, Verge said:

I doubt it. 

I asked my guy about this before I saw Godzilla vs Kong today (fun movie) he just got back with me on Darnold market. Probably a 3rd round pick. If Carolina is not able to get a QB in the draft (in which they are willing to trade up for) they will be "full send" for Darnold. Reiterated that Teddy won't be here. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Verge said:

I asked my guy about this before I saw Godzilla vs Kong today (fun movie) he just got back with me on Darnold market. Probably a 3rd round pick. If Carolina is not able to get a QB in the draft (in which they are willing to trade up for) they will be "full send" for Darnold. Reiterated that Teddy won't be here. 

What changed u said u doubted it last time it was asked? Do u think we would try to get Minshew or we are just interested in Darnold. I seen we was looking at offering a 3rd or 4th for him.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hurney was always straight trash after the 1st. This is nothing new. He was particularly trash in the mid-rounds. Most of his good picks outside of the 1st came on late round fliers.

No fan of Marty, but IIRC Turner was advocating for Grier after he publicly vowed the Panthers would not be left without a viable backup. 

9 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

What changed u said u doubted it last time it was asked? Do u think we would try to get Minshew or we are just interested in Darnold. I seen we was looking at offering a 3rd or 4th for him.

I got clarification 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Verge said:

I would be completely fine with this.  Two things must happen simultaneously: if selection #8 is on the clock and the 'big 4' are all gone, we are on the phone with the Jets for Darnold (assuming they took a QB--Wilson) and we have offers to move back. 

If this transpires, we take the best OT on the board several picks later to block for Darnold when he gets here.

Not the ideal scenario, but a very solid plan 'B'.

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, Verge said:

Godzilla whooped that ass! 

• Beer 2