• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pauline: Panthers sleeper team to trade for Sam Darnold

TheSpecialJuan

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I would be completely fine with this.  Two things must happen simultaneously: if selection #8 is on the clock and the 'big 4' are all gone, we are on the phone with the Jets for Darnold (assuming they took a QB--Wilson) and we have offers to move back. 

If this transpires, we take the best OT on the board several picks later to block for Darnold when he gets here.

Not the ideal scenario, but a very solid plan 'B'.

Unless Sewell is there.   Which probably would happen if 4 qbs are gone.   I still think one drops it’s just a matter if we like that particular player.   They may think darnold is a better option than say lance.   

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Unless Sewell is there.   Which probably would happen if 4 qbs are gone.   I still think one drops it’s just a matter if we like that particular player.   They may think darnold is a better option than say lance.   

Sorry, but no.  Immediately better?   Sure, but this game is not played for "today", unless you are the Bucs.  That would be extremely short-sighted.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Sorry, but no.  Immediately better?   Sure, but this game is not played for "today", unless you are the Bucs.  That would be extremely short-sighted.

I am just saying there is a chance.  Lance is a good 2-3 years away from being a quality starter if that.  I like the dude but I am going to trust the staffs judgement.  He is 20.  Played in just a handful of games and that obviously was at the fcs level.   I am just saying it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them pass on lance at 8.  

• Pie 1

I'd much prefer Minshew, but kicking the tires on Darnold for a 3rd-4th rounder sounds good to me. If we're not drafting our franchise guy, swing for the fences on Darnold.  He either sucks (and we pick high), or he gets the stank of Gase off of him and shows some potential under Brady. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Lance is no more talented than Darnold. They both have technical flaws to fix.

• Pie 2