• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Give me a comp for a guy who has looked a bad through three years as Darnold who ended up working out. I'm not saying it's never happened, but I sure can't think of one off the top of my head. 

One immediately popped into my head-Steve Young                                    

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Give me a comp for a guy who has looked a bad through three years as Darnold who ended up working out. I'm not saying it's never happened, but I sure can't think of one off the top of my head. 

Brett Farve looked like poo until year 4.  Falcons got rid of him after only first year.

Edited by Ja Rhule

1 minute ago, Jared Patterson said:

Really a big gamble here. We won't have any picks next year to move up in the draft and we will be average with Darnold, so no high draft pick. I guess the plan is to build around Darnold.

Just give him some O-line in first 3 pick(8th pick gotta be Slater/Sewell  and aleast 1 weapons Then that it.

Any changes for build around him?

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:
                  One immediately popped into my head-Steve Young                                    

Young is a good example. It's not promising that we have to go back 35 years for a comp. That's the type of long shot we're taking though.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Verge said:

The plan was all in on Watson, we were all but done in getting him, and the thing happened. So now you played your hand and have no way out of it.

This is why I'm trying to not be completely hateful towards the FO right now. 

We had a guy in mind, we essentially had it locked up it seems...and then a complete 180 left us with our wheels spinning.  Can't keep Teddy here, don't really like the QBs in the draft it seems...so pivot to a guy you can sell as low risk and maybe some potential.  What scares me though, is this is being done to prevent a downward spiral and going 3-14 next year by starting a Grier or rookie.

Aka, let's continue the mediocrity we've so passionately been against, only to punt towards next year when we repeat this process and put ourselves in this exact position (if not worse) and go all in on Watson, Rodgers, a new rookie, or whatever.  I mean hey, building the team and such is great.  But ya gotta make a play for a QB at some point. Ending up with our backup to the backup to the backup to the backup plan ain't it.