• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sounds like Rhule has roster control per the contracts. 

“I think in terms of on the contract, a lot of those things probably rest with me,” Rhule said, via Darin Gantt of Panthers.com. “But that’s not something I’m real interested in. I think it’s kind of a formality. Scott’s here to run the personnel. He’s here to build the roster. He’s here to establish the draft process. I think some things are written into the contract, but I think we’re going to work collaboratively and work together.”

Per Rhule's contract (no plural), which I assume is somewhat Belichickian in nature from the sounds of it. He sounds like a reasonable guy with a spirit of cooperation (until he isn't) though. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Per Rhule's contract (no plural), which I assume is somewhat Belichickian in nature from the sounds of it. He sounds like a reasonable guy with a spirit of cooperation (until he isn't) though. 

I was also referring to Fitterer's contract, which could very well become an issue if we have success going forward and a team wants to hire him away from us. Per my understanding, we can't block him from interviewing for other GM roles if they're offering full roster control and we aren't.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I’d give him up for a conditional 7th that doesn’t count unless he throws for 3000 yards and becomes a 6th if he’s the MVP. Basically just getting the extra $10M guaranteed money in 2021 back into our pocket. I’m still in favor of cutting just to get the $8M back but if we can get the full $18M, you do that for a donut. 

Yep. I honestly look at anything we receive in return as a pure bonus.

1 minute ago, Verge said:

Lol wtf does that even mean. An embarrassingly bad take.

It means he never learned the technical side of the game and was always playing the game as if it was streetball, something that was plainly obvious if you watched him play

in any case it’s a better take than someone pretending to be an evaluator on twitter

Just now, Verge said:

Lol wtf does that even mean. An embarrassingly bad take.

He's just a troll who just spouts poo off for clicks at this point. 

If one of the top 4 QBs drops to 8 do we attempt to trade back or do we have an open QB competition? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

It means he never learned the technical side of the game and was always playing the game as if it was streetball, something that was plainly obvious if you watched him play

I see a lot of technical things in Sam's game. I also see a lot of breakdown of his mechanics and reliance on physical skillset when a play breaks down, which in a NYJ uniform was pretty much every other play. You cannot make it to the NFL and play remotely well without learning the nuances of playing QB. Just silly. Then you would also have to argue that our entire coaching staff missed that as well. 

More stability and better coaching should put him at a higher level of play. Good enough to be a franchise QB? Who knows. Better than what we have now definitely. 

Sick dig at the end though. 

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

I see a lot of technical things in Sam's game. I also see a lot of breakdown of his mechanics and reliance on physical skillset when a play breaks down, which in a NYJ uniform was pretty much every other play. You cannot make it to the NFL and play remotely well without learning the nuances of playing QB. Just silly. Then you would also have to argue that our entire coaching staff missed that as well. 

More stability and better coaching should put him at a higher level of play. Good enough to be a franchise QB? Who knows. Better than what we have now definitely. 

Sick dig at the end though. 

he hasn’t played remotely well

people make it to the nfl all the time without learning the nuances of the position 

when has a player this deep into their career ever made such sweeping and radical changes to who they are and blossomed into a star 

Edited by Growl

Since Darnold is now our QB.. 

You almost have to go Sewell or Slater. With protection imo he'll do very well here. And I've never been a fan of the guy. Without protection, it'll be a 6 win season. 

OT will be addressed between Round 1 or Round 2. Cam Erving is not going to be our blindside starter. Both him and Eifen will be plugged in a guard with one eventually taking Paradis's spot at center once he's gone. 

Oddly enough with our current roster we're about 3 starters away from suprising alot of people. LT, Cb, and FS.  

With the amount of $$ we have next offseason, that Rhule third year habit should come true. 

Or maybe I'm too optimistic. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1