• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

19 minutes ago, Verge said:

I kind of do. Hard to say though. I know one team has Lance as a 2nd round pick. 

LOl! Not at you, at that team.  I would love to know (I know you can't divulge though) who that team is so when Lance is a Pro Bowler in a 2-3 years I can laugh at those knuckle-heads.

2 hours ago, t96 said:

It depends. If Sewell or Slater are there at 8 and all the QBs gone I wouldn't want to trade down. If the top guys are gone already then sure trade back.

There are going to definitely be elite talent available at 8. I don't know why people are so hesitant to pull the trigger on elite talent in the top 10 of the draft. There are other rounds you know. You will have your pick of multiple elite players. Especially if 4 or even 5 QBs get taken ahead of your pick. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, @bonafidebanter said:

I feel you, but I would not want ATL to grab him. Can you imagine what their weapons would look like then? Scary for a few years to come. Good luck with that.

They have the #4 overall pick. They're gonna end up with a great prospect. I'd much rather they use that pick on a TE than a far more premium position.

• Pie 1

The QB lust is getting sickening. Think about it, of the "top 5" QBs in this draft, how many will actually live up to your projections or hype? How many normally do? We see QBs get hyped up every year and most of them fail. Why would you sweat the 3rd or 4th best QB at 8 when you can get the best OT or weapon there? If 5 QBs are taken before you, trading back from 8 would be absurd unless you're only moving down a few spots to pick up more picks and still get elite talent for your squad. I wish the best for these QBs, but history has shown us that maybe 2 of the 5 will succeed. Let's hope the Panthers will get one of them for your sakes. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2