• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Seems all the reports that came out recently are right- Panthers dont like Fields/lance. Panthers hot for Darnold. 

They suck at keeping things in house, might as well put a mic'd up cameras, will not change much...

Do you have the links about the Panthers not liking Lance and Fields?

Just now, Basbear said:

So they may draft Lance/Fields still......and keep teddy? Not much surpises me in this new world, but all that would. 

So the one thing my guy has always been consistent on with us is that Teddy is not going to be a member of this team at the start of next season. Teddy will not be a Panther. If Fields fell to 8 I wouldn't rule it out, but it seems unlikely. 

12 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Do you have the links about the Panthers not liking Lance and Fields?

Not that I’ve heard. I don’t get the sense the Panthers love the quarterbacks besides Lawrence and Wilson.

— Joe Person (@josephperson) March 29, 2021

You owe me, had to dig in persons' twatter feed....yuck

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Tannehill was much better after 3 seasons not 2. After year 2, you can say that they were very close. It’s year 3 when Darnold dropped and honestly, I don’t know how to compare Darnold to anyone because his supporting cast on offense was truly awful. Tannehill in year 3 had Lamar Miller, Jarvis Landry, Mike Wallace, Hartline and Clay. I could argue that the skilled positions for Tannehill were better at every spot.

Again, I get that Tannehill improved but he and Darnold were almost identical after two years and Miami was actually adding guys like a rookie Landry in year 3 while the Jets were cleaning house for draft picks.

I do think it’s fair to compare the two in the first two years and I think it’s also fair to say that it’s not fair to compare year 3.

Will Darnold jump with us? I have no clue but I’d give him a chance. Do I think we overpaid? Yes. Am I glad we didn’t part with anything meaningful this year and future 1sts?

Fun fact though and another difference.  

Sam Darnold today, is still a year younger than rookie Tannehill was.  

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Fun fact though and another difference.  

Sam Darnold today, is still a year younger than rookie Tannehill was.  

Yep. Also almost a year younger than Burrow. 

Played LB for first two years at San Clemente (filled in for two starts at QB).

Junior year, played 4 games due to injury. Dude had 106 pass attempts going into his senior year of high school.  Started two years at USC.

So basically he only had 3 years LIFETIME experience as a QB before being drafted by the Jets and was forced to start with no weapons and poor coaching. Recipe for disaster for anyone let alone a guy that new to the position.

• Pie 1