• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

Just now, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

So, I think that our best possible scenario is Sewell or Chase or Pitts. Sewell would be our anchor for the next decade plus. Chase/Pitts would give us the best receiving core in the NFL. Chase in particular is fuging insane. Next Randy Moss.

Naw, pass catchers isn't our problem. 

We will draft sewell or slater if we stay at 8

I'd take in this order in the first: sewell, pitts, slater, surtain. 2nd round: either asante samuel or deon grant, third round ben cleveland or Quinn meinerz, 4th round safety either nasirildeen or shawn wade, fifth round cam cam Sample sixth round shi Smith or Jalen darden

Just now, Verge said:

The plan was all in on Watson, we were all but done in getting him, and the thing happened. So now you played your hand and have no way out of it.

So got to think we will still take Lance or Fields if they fall correct? I did notice Fitt said we could trade up or back in the draft which was the opposite of what he said the first time. 

1 minute ago, Verge said:

The plan was all in on Watson, we were all but done in getting him, and the thing happened. So now you played your hand and have no way out of it.

Yep. Seems like we panicked before there was a need to panic. You're still holding the #8 overall pick and I don't think Darnold was getting moved anywhere else anytime soon. Not for what we gave up anyway.

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

So got to think we will still take Lance or Fields if they fall correct? I did notice Fitt said we could trade up or back in the draft which was the opposite of what he said the first time. 

Ehhh I wouldn't bet on it.

1 minute ago, Verge said:

Things happen for a reason and honestly the asking price for Watson was WAY too steep.  People are grumbling about a 2nd next year for Darnold versus multiple 1sts for Watson. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

Thank God Watson can't keep his towel on. 

Three first round picks, Chinn and Brown / Burns for Watson, or a 2022 second round pick for Darnold. 

I mean, I know which deal cripples the franchise. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Those 4000 yard years were years 3-4 for Tannehill. How can we compare that when Darnold hasn’t even played year 4? What about Tannehill having less than 3000 and less than 2000 in years 5 and 6 in Miami? You are moving the goal posts a bit here. All I said was that in years 1-2 the two were very similar and in year 3, Darnold had worse talent at every spot so while he sucked, he had no chance.

Go look at years 1 and 2 and tell me that they don’t look very similar. Go look at their year 3 offensive casts and tell me Tannehill didn’t have way better weapons.

Also, Gase wasn’t Tannehill’s coach until 2016 through 2018 when Tannehill was 28 to 30 and Tannehill had less yards per games during those 3 years than Darnold did in years 1 and 2.

I’m willing to give Darnold the benefit of the doubt in year 3, because his offensive weapons were trash. 

Give me a comp for a guy who has looked a bad through three years as Darnold who ended up working out. I'm not saying it's never happened, but I sure can't think of one off the top of my head. 

17 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

So all this Tepper brass balls "an average QB" will get you nowhere, Teddy sucks, we want D. Watson or bust coming from the Panthers..... and we end up with Sam Darnold? Also, I hope you know if Darnold has a decent year, Joe Brady will be bye bye. Do you know what the future plan is?

I don’t think it is given Joe Brady is a lock for a HC just because he adds one more good year to the resume.   Still a pretty light NFL resume for a HC gig