• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I mean if you can get the job done, I dont care if arms are 28'inch. Its just a bigger mountain to climb, cause nearly all eilte DE/OLB can touch the ground standing. Only counter to long arms is long arms. Its very similar to boxing when theres a 2-3 inch reach advantage. Shorter guy has to take punishment and get dirty inside..... takes a different type of human to overcome it. 

This is getting eerily close to conversation my wife and I had recently...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 2

Just now, MHS831 said:

I think we do something like this---we need 3 players in round 2 in my "imagination" and it takes me anywhere I want to go.

I want a #1 CB, a starting LT, and Mond or Mills (QB).  In round 3, I would like a 3 Tech and maybe a developmental G in round 4. 

My dream now is to dump Teddys contact to the Bears for Hicks to pair with Brown.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Well even though Fitts said he likes to trade back he also said there are tiers of players and at 8 with probably 4 QBs at least going in the top 8 we will for sure have a premium player so I could just as easily see them staying and getting a legit top 5 guy in other drafts at 8.

I have been trying to analyze his comments all day---there is a dropoff around 16 (and I see it) and then between 20-40 there is no difference.  So do we trade back with a team like New England (15) and then take a player, adding a pick in the 20-40 range?  I am so confused.

• Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

I have been trying to analyze his comments all day---there is a dropoff around 16 (and I see it) and then between 20-40 there is no difference.  So do we trade back with a team like New England (15) and then take a player, adding a pick in the 20-40 range?  I am so confused.

My instinct tells me to take the player at 8 but I don't now either TBH. Its not going to be easy if the QB is there and teams are calling but X top 5 player is there too. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

Really a big gamble here. We won't have any picks next year to move up in the draft and we will be average with Darnold, so no high draft pick. I guess the plan is to build around Darnold.

if darnold plays like he has in ny, we are assured a top 3 pick lol

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This is getting eerily close to conversation my wife and I had recently...

I would tell you theres pills for that, but one of my philosophy gos like- " if you need a pill youre with the wrong woman..." Now theres great "massage" devices to add some spice too.....

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I would tell you theres pills for that, but one of my philosophy gos like- " if you need a pill youre with the wrong woman..." Now theres great "massage" devices to add some spice too.....

I'm not ready to joke about massages. Man, our plans sure went sideways in a hurry with that one.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not ready to joke about massages. Man, our plans sure went sideways in a hurry with that one.

It is the mammoth in the room, Watson was plan A-M, N-W was trade up for one(i dare think if the target was truly Mac "hbuYBV^*&G" Jones) so thank you football gods for dumb-asses in SF............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ plan X was Sam "Worst QB 3 years running" Darnold. HURrrrrrrray panthers, I almost made superbowl plans when the news hit!!!!! 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

It is the mammoth in the room, Watson was plan A-M, N-W was trade up for one(i dare think if the target was truly Mac "hbuYBV^*&G" Jones) so thank you football gods for dumb-asses in SF............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ plan X was Sam "Worst QB 3 years running" Darnold. HURrrrrrrray panthers, I almost made superbowl plans when the news hit!!!!! 

It just reeks of panic IMO.

• Beer 1

It's going be Lance/Pitts...

If Lance is there he's the pick. 

Fields(he was sliding but that 40 time)

Lance

Pitts

I believe that's the draft board for the first at 8. If neither one of those guys I have a gut feeling we trading back

Coincidence we trade for Sam when ATL just offer to trade out of 4th. 

• The D 1