• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

2 hours ago, Ryano1974 said:

Verge have your positional rankings changed in the last month?  Also was  curious as to where you ranked someone like Darrisaw if we traded down and missed on Sewell/Slater? Is there a huge drop off after the big two LT’s?

Thanks

I'd be totally happy with Darrisaw. Not as elite as Sewell or Slater but still a 10 year starter at LT. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Verge said:

I'd be totally happy with Darrisaw. Not as elite as Sewell or Slater but still a 10 year starter at LT. 

Hi Verge, it sounds like Pitts won't be available at 8, but should he or Chase be available with Slater still on the board would they consider either?

3 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Hi Verge, it sounds like Pitts won't be available at 8, but should he or Chase be available with Slater still on the board would they consider either?

He won't be available at 8, I doubt Chase will either. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/17/panthers-love-justin-fields-like-mac-jones/amp/

I know a lot can change in a month and a half, but according to Rodrigue we “love” Fields. Even with Darnold (unfinished question mark that cost us a 2nd rounder), would we not pounce on him at 8 if he really is a QB we “love?” I totally get drafting a LT, and Sewell and Slater are great. Sorry, Fields is my draft crush (obviously) and I’m struggling going all in on Sammy D... 

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/17/panthers-love-justin-fields-like-mac-jones/amp/

I know a lot can change in a month and a half, but according to Rodrigue we “love” Fields. Even with Darnold (unfinished question mark that cost us a 2nd rounder), would we not pounce on him at 8 if he really is a QB we “love?” I totally get drafting a LT, and Sewell and Slater are great. Sorry, Fields is my draft crush (obviously) and I’m struggling going all in on Sammy D... 

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility. I'm just not sure they trade for Sam if that is the case. Draft an elite LT prospect, and build around Sam for better or for worse. 

• Pie 1