• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I do wonder if they decided to trade for SD because they don't think any of the qb prospects they want will be there at 8.  But if a surprise happens, and one of them is available, they might still pull the trigger.  

IMO, qb is such a critical position, that it wouldn't bother me if we went into the season with two potential starters.  

I have a feeling he is our backup plan/used to prevent teams from jumping us. We pulled the trigger once the Falcons announced their pick was for sale. Knowing we can’t afford to throw away the picks it would take to trade up to 5 (Falcons won’t trade with us) we went ahead and secured plan B (really plan z at this point). If our guy happens to fall I don’t think Sammy D stops us from grabbing him...

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Congrats, 1 game (that’s what everyone seems to carry Slater is this single game).  He isn’t even OT 2 for me like several other people.  This has the Andre Dillard feel to me when everyone was screaming at me blue in the face that I was wrong about Dillard, look at his feet, look at ___, etc etc.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Congrats, 1 game (that’s what everyone seems to carry Slater is this single game).  He isn’t even OT 2 for me like several other people.  This has the Andre Dillard feel to me when everyone was screaming at me blue in the face that I was wrong about Dillard, look at his feet, look at ___, etc etc.   

The more tape I watch on Slater, the more I am convinced he can and will be a dominant LT. Either way, you are getting a force of an offensive lineman.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Yeah I personally don’t want Slater. Question if LT is even his best spot in the pros.