• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

Yeah I personally don’t want Slater. Question if LT is even his best spot in the pros.

This.

he had 1 fantastic game.  A few other good games.  Rest never stood out.

he like Dillard has the quick feet the underwear Olympic times, and shows the quickness on film.  Down side he is smaller,  not as dominant overall as the other Sewell or even Darrisaw.

and back to the size thing.  I don’t lean on the analytics, size, etc As heavily as some but factor it in.  But Slater IS in the bottom 20% measurement wise of OTs coming out in the last several years.

Edited by ncfan

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably positional value. Unless it's a generational talent in a weak draft, an off ball LB just doesn't warrant a top 10 pick in today's NFL.

He’s most likely going to be the next Luke where ever he goes so ya he’s going to be a generational talent, unless off the field stuff gets him, I know there are rumors. Otherwise I agree. 

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He’s most likely going to be the next Luke where ever he goes so ya he’s going to be a generational talent, unless off the field stuff gets him, I know there are rumors. Otherwise I agree. 

If the over/under is Luke, I'm all in on under. It's hilarious to try to enshrine kids in the HOF before they ever don an NFL jersey.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, ncfan said:

This.

he had 1 fantastic game.  A few other good games.  Rest never stood out.

he like Dillard has the quick feet the underwear Olympic times, and shows the quickness on film.  Down side he is smaller,  not as dominant overall as the other Sewell or even Darrisaw.

and back to the size thing.  I don’t lean on the analytics, size, etc As heavily as some but factor it in.  But Slater IS in the bottom 20% measurement wise of OTs coming out in the last several years.

One game vs the best defensive prospect in years.   And he man handled him.  Sign me up

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The knock on him is lack of aggression and takes plays off and doesn't finish.   The tape on slater is he is a mauler and wants to kill you.  Same with Sewell 

Just like Herbert wasn’t a “leader” cause he was an “introvert”

darrisaws tape has him decleating  people with one arm

Edited by Jorgie
Typo

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

One game vs the best defensive prospect in years.   And he man handled him.  Sign me up

And then he looked avg in a few games vs guys who want be playing in the league. 
not taking the risk off of 1 game.

Kony Ealy had a Monster game on the biggest stage.  Doesn’t mean he is a top level DE

not saying I fully dislike the guy,  but  If it were me, No Way am I taking that risk at 8.

say we trade down and he’s there at 15, sure.  Top 10?  No Bueno

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

And then he looked avg in a few games vs guys who want be playing in the league. 
not taking the risk off of 1 game.

Kony Ealy had a Monster game on the biggest stage.  Doesn’t mean he is a top level DE

not saying I fully dislike the guy,  but  If it were me, No Way am I taking that risk at 8.

say we trade down and he’s there at 15, sure.  Top 10?  No Bueno

He didn't give up any sacks.  What tape are u watching?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He didn't give up any sacks.  What tape are u watching?

The actual film, the game tape.

the same tape that NFL scouts had him pegged as a rd 2 grade coming into this year Before he sat out.

Not the box score.

22 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Parsons. Cinncy takes Sewell to set up this scenario.

I don’t foresee Fitt and Rhule taking a defensive player in the first round after spending all picks on defense in 2020. Secondly, like others have mentioned, Parsons stock is going down. From a positional value standpoint and the fact that we now have Shaq, Perryman, and Riddick, he doesn’t really fit. 

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably positional value. Unless it's a generational talent in a weak draft, an off ball LB just doesn't warrant a top 10 pick in today's NFL.

Generational gets thrown around here like World Class does in football.

It loses meaning when there's multiple generational talents in every Draft (or about 50 World Class players walking around).