• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How did mahoomes and hill do in the super bowl with a crappy line?   There's your answer.  How did cam play in the super bowl with a crappy line?   There's your answer

How did the Browns do with Joe Thomas?  

Creating absolute statements off of small sample sizes is pretty weak.

How about this?

What if you think Waddle has a 80% chance of being like Hill, but Slater only has a 60% chance of being like Bolles?

Not only do you have to look at draft picks at their ceiling, and their floor, you also have to factor in the chances of them actually reaching those levels. 

People compare draft picks under best chance scenarios where they all reach their ceilings, which in reality really happen.

3 hours ago, Verge said:

Just my thoughts. I think Sewell would be a slam dunk at 8. If Slater and Waddle are on the board at 8 a decision will have to be made. 

So Verge you think both Pitts and Chase are higher on the panthers board than Sewell?  I knew they were high on Pitts but didn't realize they had Chase ranked over Sewell.  I personally would be happy with any of the 3 or Slater but just prefer Sewell.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

That might be one of the worst points ever. There’s a difference between having a mediocre LT and having all 5 starters injured and backups playing at every spot. Mahomes wasn’t playing behind a below average OL, he was playing with a line of backups. Our OL is vastly better than an OL of all backups. Every OL in the NFL including the Chiefs starters was better than that OL.

Cam’s OL in 2015 was ranked top 2. Did you even watch that year? Our IOL was extremely talented. All have been pro bowlers or all pros and they were really good that year. Crappy OL on the #1 scoring offense led by Stewart, Gunn, Cotchery, Funchess and Olsen? The OL play and Cam were a huge part of the success. Yes, Denver had the edge rushers to counteract out tackles when we decided to leave them one on one. Coaching lost us the SB and of course some terrible calls by Broncos fan replay officials.

Our OT were trash. Where are you getting top 2 ranked OL?

Source and context?

Top 2 in what? Run block? Pass block? Combined?

Etc

I believe the Panthers will take the highest rated player available in the draft in spite of need

i believe they will find line help (o and d)  in RD 2 and down 

if their highest rated player be it tackle, cb. TE, WR isn’t there at 8, they will trade down 

highest rated equals a player who can change a game 

I know some think that’s stating the obvious but with DJ going into a contract year, drafting the top rated WR is not out of the question, and get a OT in RD 2, is not out of the question 

would I run for a LT, yes, but their are salary cap and ability to resign issues to consider too