• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Cosell talking QB's.

15 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't want another Cam Newton. 

Darnold has had bad coaching for three years. I'd offer the Jets a 3rd / 4th round pick for him if they take Wilson. He's much more talented than any QB you could get with that pick.  

Based on what?

the supposed promise that didn’t materialize under Gase?   He struggles to read defenses and throw his receivers open 

the Panthers have had enough of other teams scrapes 

there will never be another Cam Newton. No worries there.  

Edited by raleigh-panther

22 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There are literally zero teams who would choose quality LT > quality QB unless they've already checked the "quality QB" box.

All you have to do is check around the league, theres not even 32 true LT in the league. Save you the time, more legit QBs than LTs. Hence why its harder to find. Value wise, its QB all-day and 3x on sunday. Numbers wise its LT and its not getting easier. I did see where Sewell had maturity questions, well thats 100% of the other draftees too. I hope the panthers do not make the same mistake 6 teams in front do.  

On 4/4/2021 at 9:59 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

Our lack of consistency during the Cam era didn't have anything to do with the QB position.

So I guess I was dreaming with all those over throws, under throws, ints, taking sacks, average completion %, not diving on balls during the superbowl, pouting like baby when things werent going well. 

Ok lol

Edited by Agent Blue

How can people be fans of this team and not appreciate Cam? He never had a LT or true 1 WR (aside from Smith his rookie year), never had a good OC and carried a team to the Super Bowl while wining the MVP of the season. It’s bad enough to try to defend him to other fans, but you would think OUR fans would recognize how special he was to this organization and how we failed him with lack of talent/coaching around him offensively while his body took a beating. Oh and off the field he was constantly giving back to the Charlotte community.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

How can people be fans of this team and not appreciate Cam? He never had a LT or true 1 WR (aside from Smith his rookie year), never had a good OC and carried a team to the Super Bowl while wining the MVP of the season. It’s bad enough to try to defend him to other fans, but you would think OUR fans would recognize how special he was to this organization and how we failed him with lack of talent/coaching around him offensively while his body took a beating. Oh and off the field he was constantly giving back to the Charlotte community.

I am thankful cam took us to a superbowl and generally played hard (minus the dive in superbowl). 

But, the dude was inconsistent AF and had a poor reaction when things didn't go well, which was like half the time in Char. 

I am against drafting running QBs. I want a super accurate, super cerebral QB above all. 

6 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

I am thankful cam took us to a superbowl and generally played hard (minus the dive in superbowl). 

But, the dude was inconsistent AF and had a poor reaction when things didn't go well, which was like half the time in Char. 

I am against drafting running QBs. I want a super accurate, super cerebral QB above all. 

Don’t we already have that in Teddy? The problem it they have trouble hitting the deep target and keeping the defense honest. They can also struggle with blitzes. To me Fields is the best option. Great thrower, strong arm, accurate, and has the ability to extend the play with his feet. Our offense line is far from dominate as are most in this league. It helps to have a QB who can avoid pressure and extend plays with his legs like Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Watson, Lamar, and Russ do.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Don’t we already have that in Teddy? The problem it they have trouble hitting the deep target and keeping the defense honest. They can also struggle with blitzes. To me Fields is the best option. Great thrower, strong arm, accurate, and has the ability to extend the play with his feet. Our offense line is far from dominate as are most in this league. It helps to have a QB who can avoid pressure and extend plays with his legs like Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Watson, Lamar, and Russ do.

The deep routes (go/fade for example) are the lowest % pass in football. You only throw it a few times a game to mainly keep the D honest and if a WR gets naked on a double move or slip. 

The meat and potatoes of an O is going to be short and medium. 

Generally speaking, you shouldn't need to extend plays if your QB is able to make great pre snap reads and make correct hot reads vs the blitz. 

You want to get the ball out quick to the correct WR/RB attacking the weak area / optimal matchup. 

Most the NFL champs have been non mobile QBs. 

I'd be fine with Fields though. Lance scares me alot. Id be fine with Jones but he will be gone. Mond scares me some. Mills seems like good value/potential in the 2nd or 3rd. 

My Plan

1A: Fields

2A: Sewell

1B: Slater

Then get QB/CB/OT in the 2nd and 3rd depending on the 1st.