• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McShay has us trading picks moving from 8th to 7th with Detroit to pick Lance

panthers55

42 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Wow giving up picks to get the 4th/5th best qb in the draft? lol 

And it’s not just one spot value, going to have to offer more than the other teams 

The 4th or 5th QB taken doesn't necessarily mean he was the 4th or 5th QB on our draft board. You also can't look at things solely in terms of this draft class. There are 3-4 QBs in this draft who would be in #1 overall pick discussions in most draft classes.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The 4th or 5th QB taken doesn't necessarily mean he was the 4th or 5th QB on our draft board. You also can't look at things solely in terms of this draft class. There are 3-4 QBs in this draft who would be in #1 overall pick discussions in most draft classes.

Yeah man, I am not sure about that.  I doubt Lance is #1 under any circumstance.  Maybe fields but it seems teams are souring on him after evaluating.  Probably Wilson would go #1 and a hard no on Jones.

But just based on recent history 3 of the 5 will most likely flop out because they land in crappy situations without proper coaching.  If our staff feels like they can develop whoever is left then so be it if not I will not be mad making the 8 pick work whether its a tackle, surtain or trade back

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah man, I am not sure about that.  I doubt Lance is #1 under any circumstance.  Maybe fields but it seems teams are souring on him after evaluating.  Probably Wilson would go #1 and a hard no on Jones.

But just based on recent history 3 of the 5 will most likely flop out because they land in crappy situations without proper coaching.  If our staff feels like they can develop whoever is left then so be it if not I will not be mad making the 8 pick work whether its a tackle, surtain or trade back

I was specifically talking about Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, and Jones. If Goff can go #1 then so could Jones.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Wow giving up picks to get the 4th/5th best qb in the draft? lol 

And it’s not just one spot value, going to have to offer more than the other teams 

4th/5th best to who? Teams obviously have guys valued differently 

Edited by jumpman910

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I was specifically talking about Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, and Jones. If Goff can go #1 then so could Jones.

Probably but it seems the shine is coming off fast on Fields now that teams are digging into it.  His slow progressions,  weird motion and then there is this

https://nypost.com/2021/04/01/espns-dan-orlovsky-faces-heat-for-justin-fields-nfl-draft-report/

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Probably but it seems the shine is coming off fast on Fields now that teams are digging into it.  His slow progressions,  weird motion and then there is this

https://nypost.com/2021/04/01/espns-dan-orlovsky-faces-heat-for-justin-fields-nfl-draft-report/

It's also prime lying season. I'm not saying those reports are true or false, but I've definitely learned to take this type of stuff with a grain of salt in the weeks leading up to draft day.

5 hours ago, panthers55 said:

But again unless you have Lance way over Fields you will get one or the other. Or we could trade down and let someone who loves Fields give us the farm to get him and we can get a vet like Darnold for a 4th and draft a guy in the second and still be way ahead of the game. Especially if it true that we don't love anyone except for Trevor or Fields 

I'm very much falling in love with the idea of trading down / taking an elite player at #8 (preferably OT, but we'll see how the Draft falls) and trading a 3/4th rounder for Darnold.