• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canucks Crisis

Harbingers

Not good. 

From a sports aspect I’m really wondering if Vancouver is going to get screwed games wise and if the north will even be able to finish a full 56. Which may mean P% for the third round and fourth potentially.

Vancouver fans were already pisssed at the season because basically everyone but them got COVID and they got screwed on the schedule. 

From a human side. If these athletes who are worn down are getting it and bad variants. Oof. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

Ya i'm not sold on that. If Vancouver doesn’t play Edmonton early next week and most certainly Toronto, its not just a Vancouver problem anymore but a whole north seeding problem. And if they don’t we are looking at basically 2 weeks of catchup for the north. I still think P% is in play no matter how much the NHL doesn’t want to admit it right now. 

I mean even if they start the US playoffs they could be looking at a huge gap in timing either way. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

"The Vancouver Canucks have had 21 players test positive for COVID-19. 

A total of 25 people associated with the Canucks have tested positive, including four staff members. All players and staff remained in quarantine Wednesday,"

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-add-five-more-players-to-covid-protocol-list/c-323199032?tid=277548856

I don't see how the North is going to be able to complete a full 56 without at least a crammed week and a half extra now. Past where it's suppose to end now for the Americans on the 11th/12th.

• Beer 1

They should honestly just re do the entire league schedule once the outbreak is contained. 

No matter what you do, the Canadiens are going to have less rest than everyone else. The fairest way would be to spread that out all the way to the semi finals. 

• Pie 1

Well, sort of. The Canes played some games using taxi squad guys while the Covid-positive guys remained quarantined. But they did only postpone a couple games, more so because of the Dallas situation, not so much the Canes.

In the Canucks situation, they can't field a team. Little different.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Well, sort of. The Canes played some games using taxi squad guys while the Covid-positive guys remained quarantined. But they did only postpone a couple games, more so because of the Dallas situation, not so much the Canes.

In the Canucks situation, they can't field a team. Little different.

Not to mention basically their entire active roster got it and it’s not just generic COVID-19 either. It’s the P.1/Brazilian variant(though the first case found post Brazil publishing it was actually found retroactively in Japan). Apparently, it is way worse in younger adults than the generic. 

• Pie 1

And, they re did the entire league schedule after the Dallas situation. Almost everybody had agame or two postponed. But, Dallas couldn't field a gameday roster. That's why we ended up with the 4 game series vs TB.

It was easier early in the season. But, I don't see any other options at this point. Push back the semi finals 2 weeks and fill it in from there. You don't have to cram 3 weeks of games into one for the Canadian teams and everyone else ends up with the same rest they would have had in a normal season. 

Edited by Stumpy
  • Pie 1