Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

There's no loser mentality here! We have a QB currently that threw for over a 1000 yards to two different receivers and over 800 yards to a third. But he gets a piss poor fans mentality that labels him this and that. I'm not saying that TB is a great QB but I am saying that he deserves not to be disrespected and belittled. 

I don't remember receivers running down the field that Teddy missed constantly. 

If we improve the QB position then great but Teddy needs play calling that fits his skills set, especially goal line play calling.

Are you ready to stop finding silver linings in receiving yards and all purpose yards and instead getting back to what actually matters? You know...winning football games and more importantly competing in our division which positions us for a chance at the postseason again? We haven't sniffed the playoffs in going on five years now but you're here shedding tears for a losing quarterback like he didn't just have a career year with 15 touchdowns and 11 picks. No he does not deserve off the field personal attacks but he is very much a grown adult and he is also paid quite handsomely for his services. Fans want a team to cheer for led by a quarterback with ice in his veins and not one who folds like a lawn chair when the game matters and then celebrates with a rival. These are facts and that is the nature of competitive sports. The next quarterback the team drafts will he held to the same standards like those before him. Not even an mvp was enough to get us over the hump so let us not get hung up on a marginal starter here. It just looks sad and desperate. Have some dignity and higher expectations for goodness sake.

  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I disagree, he was put in situations where he was trying to do too much, trying to do things that's not him.

On this 4th & 9 yard play that he thew the ball fur 2 yards, was anyone open beyond 2 yards...No. Players need to be put in situations that fits their skill set. We had terrible goal line play calling, that wasn't Teddy's fault....

So instead of throwing down the field and try to make something happen throw it for 2 yds and end the game. Damn glad ur not an nfl coach, u just made me LOL

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, woahfraze said:

He was generally OK between the 20s. But he really struggled in the red zone.  And at the end of games, on drives where we were either tied with a chance to win or down one score with a chance to come back, he was horrid--0 for 8.  It doesn't matter if you can move the ball some of or most of the time.  If as QB, you can't get it done when it counts, you aren't it.  So he absolutely isn't the answer and absolutely doesn't get less respect than he deserves.

100 percent. Even a bad QB wins 1 or 2 of those

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

So instead of throwing down the field and try to make something happen throw it for 2 yds and end the game. Damn glad ur not an nfl coach, u just made me LOL

Instead of hanging our hat on a hail merry, we call plays that puts us in a better position to win. Damn glad you're not an NFL coach...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frankw said:

Are you ready to stop finding silver linings in receiving yards and all purpose yards and instead getting back to what actually matters? You know...winning football games and more importantly competing in our division which positions us for a chance at the postseason again? We haven't sniffed the playoffs in going on five years now but you're here shedding tears for a losing quarterback like he didn't just have a career year with 15 touchdowns and 11 picks. No he does not deserve off the field personal attacks but he is very much a grown adult and he is also paid quite handsomely for his services. Fans want a team to cheer for led by a quarterback with ice in his veins and not one who folds like a lawn chair when the game matters and then celebrates with a rival. These are facts and that is the nature of competitive sports. The next quarterback the team drafts will he held to the same standards like those before him. Not even an mvp was enough to get us over the hump so let us not get hung up on a marginal starter here. It just looks sad and desperate. Have some dignity and higher expectations for goodness sake.

Blah blah blah. I'm not bashing our QB that did what, if not better that most expected. Just because we can improve a position Doesn't mean we have bash our current or past players. Have some dignity...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Blah blah blah. I'm not bashing our QB that did what, if not better that most expected. Just because we can improve a position Doesn't mean we have bash our current or past players. Have some dignity...

If he did better than most expected we wouldn't be pondering on whether or not to give up a draft pick for Sam Darnold.

Tampa Bay kicked Winston to the curb after throwing for 5k with 30 touchdowns and you are groveling over 15 touchdowns for 60 million like we got a steal. Whatever floats your boat guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Blah blah blah. I'm not bashing our QB that did what, if not better that most expected. Just because we can improve a position Doesn't mean we have bash our current or past players. Have some dignity...

99.9 percent of people on here and the coaching staff want him gone. Are u missing something? Is that you Hurney?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I'm not saying that Teddy Bridgewater is the answer for is at QB, but we did have 2 WR's over 1000 yards and another over 850. Teddy may or may not be the answer but he deserves more respect than he gets here. 

I wonder how much of those 1k was YAC where it was mostly the WR doing all the work. How many of those throws were also in stride or uncontested as well. How many of those completions were because Bridgewater made a throw based on making a great decision and with precision? Makes me wonder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Yeah at 8 the best OT and WR are going to be available at 8....the team reflects it's fanbase.

No chance in hell the Bengals or Mia pass on them both, not to mention Det. 

This was just plain dumb, another thread about how much teddy sucks, like we getting Sewell lol

 

So it works out like this

 1 2 and 3 are QBs.

4 is between a TE or a QB, whether it be by the Falcons or they Trade down.

5 is OT, Pitts or Chase.

6 Dolphins likely go Chase but I can see Smith here too due to familiarity with Tua and he'd pair well with Parker and Geseki.

7 is the wildcard, though I'm expecting defense because lord knows, they need it.

Which leads us to 8. This is barring no other tradeups. We either get one of the QBs remaining if only 3 are taken in the top 5 and barring no other trade up or we get one of the top tier talents.

We've seen this time and time again in top heavy QB classes, talent drops down farther than they should.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, frankw said:

If he did better than most expected we wouldn't be pondering on whether or not to give up a draft pick for Sam Darnold.

Tampa Bay kicked Winston to the curb after throwing for 5k with 30 touchdowns and you are groveling over 15 touchdowns for 60 million like we got a steal. Whatever floats your boat guy.

I'm advocating that we show the man some respect instead of bashing him like he's the worst player ever. You don't have to want him on the team to respect him. He deserves that for what he's done on and off the field. Can we improve at his position, yes. Can we show him some respect...I can at least

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I'm not saying that Teddy Bridgewater is the answer for is at QB, but we did have 2 WR's over 1000 yards and another over 850. Teddy may or may not be the answer but he deserves more respect than he gets here. 

He's the best backup QB in the NFL, unfortunately, he's our starter.

for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Apparently you can't read very well.

Apparently you think Teddy is the answer, let me tell you if you can’t read what everyone is saying (HE IS NOT). If I could make the words bigger I would, hopefully you can see that though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...