• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else succumbing to best QB available?

Mr. Herbert

2 hours ago, Mr. Herbert said:

I follow as much as anyone else can claim that they pay attention to Mocks, BPA, Team needs. I know most of this stuff has been covered but I feel that the dynamics of the draft are shifting. The very important QBs are real but the reality of every other position are starting to set in. Like Atlanta may very well love Pitts or Sewell just for example. People forget that teams have traded up mightily to take these spots. Just because they arent Qb focused does not steal from their value. With that said, reading McShays mock where we trade up 1, I hope our FO laughs at the thought. As much as I want one ,If 4 to 5 QBs go in front of us our pick will still be enormously valuable. Think teams are falling into range and we will land our qb. If we take Slater over Lance or Fields, I'll just sit back n eat the popcorn. Cheers my friends. I'm still like a 10 year old kid when it comes to draft time. In case anyone gives a damn this is my list

1  Lawrence

2 Wilson

3 Fields

4 Pitts

5 Slater

6 Lance

7 Sewell

8 Jones

9 Chase

My top 10

1. Lawrence

2. Fields

3. Wilson 

4. Sewell

5. Pitts

6. Slater

7. Chase

8. Horn

9. Waddle

10.  Lance

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

For me it goes:

Lawrence

Wilson 

Fields

Lance

Sewell

Slater

Pitts

whoever is the top WR

Jets fans think the same...

...they expect Wilson to be the pick.

Fields seems to be plummeting -- don't see Jones on your list, seems he is approaching consensus to be picked before Fields...

5 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Jets fans think the same...

...they expect Wilson to be the pick.

Fields seems to be plummeting -- don't see Jones on your list, seems he is approaching consensus to be picked before Fields...

This is my list for us. Jones wouldn’t be in the top 20. 

• Beer 1

I think I just want Jones to be worth the hype. I know pro days mean very little but the difference from Wilson to Jones was eye opening. The tanlent gap looked stark. I think huddlers including myself are just shell shocked after watching a qb refuse to throw the ball down field when there wasnt another option. Not sure if that's fair to Mac but not sure if I care either.

• Beer 1

I have a secret plan.  Buhawwahhbuuhaawwa.

1.  Trade for Darnold (Teddy and a 4th). Work on his mechanics and give him a shot at a starting gig.  He should be better with better QB coaching and a better OL and weapons.  (Robby and Elfien may have inside info).  Darnold in a contract year will be interested in improvement. 

2. Draft Mond or Mills.  Develop them as well.  If he good as Darnold by the end of 2, cut him loose.

So yes, start a qb competition.

3. If Fields is there, you probably take him, but he is going to need development as well.  Keep Teddy until Fields is ready.