• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

1 minute ago, joemac said:

You have no room to talk poo about anybody.  Judging by your posts here you are a complete moron.

And you’re the mouth breathing cheese wheezer who will be sitting here next offseason talking yourself into a really promising 4th round QB prospect with some upside and espousing the glories of “trusting the process” while our division rivals aim for star rookie QBs who will dominate the division 

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

I really don’t think I can stomach watching football anymore if one of the QBs we’re  passing on goes on to become what they’re expected to be

i think that would be it for me

Tbh this fanbase deserves qb purgatory. I will sit back and laugh. No need to get upset over something we have zero control over. But the amount of cognitive dissonance by this fanbase truly makes this forum a must read. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's the only issue I have with this. But, we weren't privy to his market either. I don't like it, but I don't believe it will be particularly crippling either. It is what it is.

Perhaps they've found a franchise QB. We'll see.

Yeah I don't know what his market was maybe it was market price more or less, but regardless I think this was an overpay for what we're getting. The Jets have been the definition of dysfunctional lately and he had poor OL and weapons there, but he was still pretty bad for the most part in his time there. Does he have the tools to be successful? Maybe... But it'll take a hell of a job from Brady and company to get him anywhere near the point of being even good enough to bring this team to the playoffs, let alone a "franchise QB" who can actually win a SB.

I generally have an open mind and like letting things play out, but on the surface my initial reaction is definitely that this is not a great move. Hope I'm wrong and he absolutely balls out with weapons and (maybe) an OL here... Sewell is my dream at #8 now, gotta just hope that the Bengals give in to Burrow's wishes for his WR. I doubt they pass up on Sewell but there is a slim chance.

• Pie 1

I said it could happen weeks ago.. 

If the compensation was low.. Low risk high reward for a 23 year former top 3 pick talent player..

Not bad... Now build this Oline and Secondary up.. And let's play!!

And Remember we have alot of FA money next 2 years.. So the draft won't be our only way to build this team.. I'm good with this. 

• Pie 3

Just now, t96 said:

Yeah I don't know what his market was maybe it was market price more or less, but regardless I think this was an overpay for what we're getting. The Jets have been the definition of dysfunctional lately and he had poor OL and weapons there, but he was still pretty bad for the most part in his time there. Does he have the tools to be successful? Maybe... But it'll take a hell of a job from Brady and company to get him anywhere near the point of being even good enough to bring this team to the playoffs, let alone a "franchise QB" who can actually win a SB.

I generally have an open mind and like letting things play out, but on the surface my initial reaction is definitely that this is not a great move. Hope I'm wrong and he absolutely balls out with weapons and (maybe) an OL here... Sewell is my dream at #8 now, gotta just hope that the Bengals give in to Burrow's wishes for his WR. I doubt they pass up on Sewell but there is a slim chance.

The market was us.

19 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

If it happens then so be it. At least we are in a position where whatever happens we can come out in a good position

I understand, my only issue is we could be sitting here having the same discussion about darnold as we have been with teddy all off season. I mean it could be a Neverending cycle.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Tbh this fanbase deserves qb purgatory. I will sit back and laugh. No need to get upset over something we have zero control over. But the amount of cognitive dissonance by this fanbase truly makes this forum a must read. 

maybe you’re right

ive seen this novel before

time makes more converts than reason