• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

2 hours ago, FattyFatFat said:

What in tha ass? 

It’s the 2nd that kills me. And correct me if I’m wrong but don’t we have to pick up his option in May if we want to keep him past this year? 

A second THIS year would not be that alarming.  Consider the second NEXT year as interest so that we can have 3 picks on days 1 and 2-,maybe more. 

Next year?  In today's value:  A third and a fifth.

Folks, we are talking about a former top 3 pick who was sent to QB HELL.  He is 23.8 years old.  Damn nice gamble, if you ask me.  Worst case scenario?  We have a decent backup QB for 2 years.  Best case scenario?  We realize just how toxic NYJ culture was---have you heard Robbie talk about it? 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 5

2 hours ago, SCO96 said:

I hate that we gave up a 2nd round pick in 2022. I would feel better if it were a 3rd choice. That said, unless he gets hurt, he should at least beat Teddy's career high TD mark of 15 last year. He threw for 17 and 19 TD's during his first two seasons. Last year he only had 11, but he missed 4 games and played on what was clearly the worst/2nd worst team in the league.

i'm pulling for him...even if he possibly could be on the path to being another USC QB bust.

What if we trade back (now that we can) and add a second rounder in the draft?  It would seem that we not only are locked into a first round QB (it was going to be Mac Jones, prolly) and we can get a decent CB or OL, add a second rounder and draft a T/CB, and add---wait for it---Mond or Mills.  By developing a young QB while giving Darnold a chance AND building around him, you are not strapped into taking the #5 QB in the draft in the top 10, or you do not have to roll three first rounders out there to move up.

I like the move--lets see how this plays out.

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

A second THIS year would not be that alarming.  Consider the second NEXT year as interest so that we can have 3 picks on days 1 and 2-,maybe more. 

Next year?  In today's value:  A third and a fifth.

Folks, we are talking about a former top 3 pick who was sent to QB HELL.  He is 23.8 years old.  Damn nice gamble, if you ask me.  Worst case scenario?  We have a decent backup QB for 2 years.  Best case scenario?  We realize just how toxic NYJ culture was---have you heard Robbie talk about it? 

I agree MHS831. I can always count on you to be a voice of reason with well thought out, researched  responses.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If Darnold is a hit then it will be a slam dunk. If he doesn't play well then it didn't cost that much for a potential starter.

Frankly I l.ike management  coming in and swinging for the fences.

Agreed. And one thing we all could probably agree on:  He will be better here.  How much?  Remains to be seen, but if we sent NYJ 3 firsts and Wilson busted, I would then be pissed.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I see no issues with this. If we gave them a 1st then yeah it would be an issue but we didn’t...a lot of the negativity to this is coming from the normal negative crowd here. Jets Twitter is a good mix of people wishing Sam luck because they admit the Jets royally fuged him.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1

I highly, highly, highly doubt he is the long term answer. But there is at least enough there to where I can talk myself into this move. When I think of my ideal QB prototype for today's NFL, it would actually look a lot like Darnold from a physical perspective. Good size, enough athleticsm, creative/playmaking mindset that allows to make things happen out of structure, plus arm. But his decision making and accuracy have been really rough so far, but maybe, just maybe under a better supporting cast and coaching staff he can turn it around.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

What if we trade back (now that we can) and add a second rounder in the draft?  It would seem that we not only are locked into a first round QB (it was going to be Mac Jones, prolly) and we can get a decent CB or OL, add a second rounder and draft a T/CB, and add---wait for it---Mond or Mills.  By developing a young QB while giving Darnold a chance AND building around him, you are not strapped into taking the #5 QB in the draft in the top 10, or you do not have to roll three first rounders out there to move up.

I like the move--lets see how this plays out.

Frankly, I would draft Mills instead of Mond because He has weird Mechanics in his pro day like "Wtf was that? And how much he ran in his 40+ dash? I know Mond throw 60+ deep down field when I saw that pro day highlight. I wanna know how much Mills ran in 40 dash? Like Damn I don't watch any pro day alot

The upside here is that Darnold has more physical ability than Teddy. If he works out, great. If he doesn't, he has a lot bigger bust potential than Teddy did too. I just hope it's one or the other. Light it up and be the answer or suck it up and get us Howell next year. No half stepping please.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, Tomthumb said:

There is no freaking way that Darnold is better than Bridgewater . This coaching staff is just as dumb as the last one .Build the offensive line first ; all those loses were not Bridgewater’s fault . Stupid play calling and bad bad personnel management . Good luck .lol

Have you ever watched football before?