• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

So basically a 2nd for the kid.  

Now we pray that Fitts falls to us or just go OL right?  If Fitts or highest rated OL is gone, use the 8th to trade back as some have mentioned.  That 8th pick is still worth a lot.

Edited by Whatev

Just now, Fright said:

They must’ve really hated Teddy, because this is quite a downgrade and waste of picks. 

I wonder who they’d eyeing in the 1st.

I don't see as a downgrade. Physically Darnold is ahead of Teddy, age wise as well. Put Teddy B on the Jets and he doesn't get a win. This is a lateral move at worst. 

• Pie 1

I would’ve gladly traded a 2, 4, 6 to move up for someone who can be truly special at the QB position rather than settling for long shot game manager

this may be the worst move this team has ever made, if one of these QBs goes on to be great, and at least one certainly will, we will always have to sit back and wonder what could’ve been

• Poo 2

4 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Good trade. 2nd round pick on a 23 year old QB flyer that has had great stretches of games before but was in a terrible organization like....Robby Anderson

Now get Slater, Sewell or Pitts and lets go

How about Jamar Chase and just kill people on offense every game?

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

ugh things really haven’t bottomed out yet have they

were being poorly ran

I don’t hate this move really. I get people are disappointed because it is Sam Darnold but the potential is there for him to make a turn around. The fact that we get to surround him with Moore, CMC and Joe Brady gives me some hope. 

if we add slater, Sewell, chase or Pitts, Darnold may not have to do a whole lot but get the ball out quick to his playmakers. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, bigdog10 said:

I don’t hate this move really. I get people are disappointed because it is Sam Darnold but the potential is there for him to make a turn around. The fact that we get to surround him with Moore, CMC and Joe Brady gives me some hope. 

if we add slater, Sewell, chase or Pitts, Darnold may not have to do a whole lot but get the ball out quick to his playmakers. 

He won’t 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1