• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

Trade back with the Patriots now.  After this laughable ruse of Jones to 9ers at #3 is debunked and he's sitting there at #8, we call Bill up in Boston and tell him Mac is all his for the right price.  Then we draft Darrisaw at #15 and recoup our picks for Darnold.

Funny, I literally did a mock a couple hours ago in the draft subforum based on us trading for Darnold.  I promise I had no insider knowledge that this was actually going down while I was creating the mock.  Look at the post time and while it was edited, that was over two hours ago.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2

Just now, CanePantherHornet said:

I'm excited. I'd rather gamble on Darnold for a 2nd than Gamble on someone else and have to give up multiple firsts.

Agreed. History says it is likely only one QB of this draft class succeeds and even extremely unlikely for 2 or more. 

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

Tepper did not want Teddy on this team period. This makes that possible regardless of the draft.

I wished he had come to that conclusion before he was signed. We could be talking Sunshine right now. 

Edited by Wanderlai
  • Beer 1

He’ll be running around in Panthers backfield instead of NY unless we fix the line. And we will still need a QB. Difference is we will be in that position after next year without picks and money paying TB AND Darnold we could’ve rolled over lol.

Alright Mr. Tepper I always said I would be patient and wait and see but your recent moves are fuging mind boggling.

Edited by onmyown
  • Poo 2

Just now, stbugs said:

Me too. Hate the 2nd next year but we’ll see how he does and we didn’t lose any good picks this year.

This is what happened because we decided to go for it in 2020. We put ourselves out of the running for a top QB. I still don’t think SF will take Jones. It also doesn’t preclude us from taking a QB we like if they happen to fall. We may assume Fields is gone at 3 and we won’t give up a king's ransom for 2.

I would guess that their mindset is that they're a QB away from making the playoffs and that Sam Darnold has tremendous natural talent so Joe Brady can probably fix his woes.