• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

Our GM is a moron. It's over. This is a dumb move made 100% out of desperation, bad timing, and it's a bad deal on our end. We got screwed and now we have an inferior QB and we're out a second round pick. What the hell is Fitterer thinking? We have the worst GM in the NFL.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 7

46 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

They are running this organization into the depths of hell. 

Yep 

a second ad fourth next year for a QB likely to be released after the draft 

if he fugs up, we fuged up our draft next year 

under Rhule.  Bridgewater and Darnold. Winning 

Edited by raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Picking up that 5th year means Teddy is either released or traded.

Not saying I disagree with you, but why would picking up his option next year have anything to do with Teddy this year?  Also, we can cut Teddy next year for nothing, right?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

If Fields or Lance falls to #8, I  wouldn't 100% bet against it.  This is essentially a 2-year deal for Darnold.  We gave up on Teddy after just 1 year and his contract ran 3years.

I would 100% bet against it.  If that were to happen then we would easily trade out.  I am telling you the NFL and their scouting dept do not look at Lance like we do.  Like it or not he is a major project.  I still do not have a feeling one way or another about Fields.  he has talent but damn there is just something there that is throwing me off

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Jesus if we pass on Lance because we just traded for a QB who threw 9 tds in one season then this entire staff needs to go.

I really don’t think I can stomach watching football anymore if one of the QBs we’re  passing on goes on to become what they’re expected to be

i think that would be it for me

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

this here is where the source of the support for this move comes from

youve got a bunch of dorks so concerned the team would trade away their precious 1st round pick and then they’d have to sit bored all offseason with nobody listen to their deep scout hot takes player breakdowns

youre going to be a lot more bored watching Sam Darnold lead the team to 3 and out drive after drive

You have no room to talk poo about anybody.  Judging by your posts here you are a complete moron.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

39 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

at this point do what you have to do to go get kyle pitts. 23 year old kid with a reboot needs a giant security blanket and red zone target.

address tackle in the second, trade up if you have to

I’m now good with Pitts though definitely prefer Sewell or Slater. But I do not want to trade up for any of them. We are in great shape right now. If things click for Darnold in Brady’s offense then we just hit a home run 

• Pie 4

At first did not like...but

Robbie probably did endorse Sam to Rhule.

Sam is an upgrade at backup, in case we can't get the QB we wanted.

But the 4D chess move was making sure the Jets pick QB at 2, ahead of the 49ers.

The 49ers got one over us by trading up but look at who's picking ahead of them. The jet's new coach n oc came from where?

Bet they know who the 9ers are targeting or have some clue.

But most of all, it makes us look like we're no longer QB desperate.

And we still have this year's picks

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Our GM is a moron. It's over. This is a dumb move made 100% out of desperation, bad timing, and it's a bad deal on our end. We got screwed and now we have an inferior QB and we're out a second round pick. What the hell is Fitterer thinking? We have the worst GM in the NFL.

this isn't desperation.  Desperation is spending 3 first rounders for Mac Jones. 

CMC isn't 37 year old Frank Gore.  Rhule/Brady isn't the Jets coaching staff.  DJ Moore isn't what he was throwing to.

I mean, there was no way for Darnold to be successful in NY.  He is a calculated gamble.  If he was coming in with this class of QBs...he would be ahead of some in the top 5. 

• Pie 6