• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

actually per this chart the jets don't know anything about the players they draft, or how good they'll be

If that's what you're going to pin your hopes on then hey you gotta have something. You probably liked the Teddy move as well.

I’m cool with it. It’s a reclamation project. You’re hoping that Sam was bad because of his situation. He certainly has the tools. I am excited to see what Brady and co can get out of him, even if I would have rather preferred Fields or Lance. Now at 8 we can go OL, WR, or TE.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Again maybe you just are not understanding that our staff probably doesnt see a franchise qb in Lance.  I say lance because he is the most likely to be there at 8.  They would rather look at SD career tape and work with that rather than Lance.  Like I said, I like Lance, love his size and arm but you have to admit just reps wise he is years away and even then there is nothing to guarantee he can be an above average starter.  Too much risk for a pick at 8.

If Fields is there then I think its telling about him as well and we can still trade out

I still think Fields goes to San Fran and the Mac Jones at 3 stuff is a smokescreen 

Darnold was my favorite QB in 2018, since then hes put out nothing but bad tape. 3 years using many different QB ranking system/metrics - SAM Darnold was the worst QB.  Much like I was fan of Cam Erving in his draft, hes also graded one as one of the worst. Only one with lesser grade was the newest panther Pat elflein. Plently of excuses for each- Sam needs more weapons and better OL etc. Fact is for 3 years hes played very poorly. I dont judge rookie year, still 2 years of play and nearly all metrics/ranking have Darnold as the worst QB (with minimum starts.)  

Good thing hes young and can improve, hes a panther now and hope he leads them to superbowls. I echo much of the 2nd round price dislike. Seems panthers didnt want to trade a 3rd and 5th this year, so the jets came back with 2022 2nd and 4th. Sewell, Chase, and Pitts....one please be there at 8!!!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Again maybe you just are not understanding that our staff probably doesnt see a franchise qb in Lance.  I say lance because he is the most likely to be there at 8.  They would rather look at SD career tape and work with that rather than Lance.  Like I said, I like Lance, love his size and arm but you have to admit just reps wise he is years away and even then there is nothing to guarantee he can be an above average starter.  Too much risk for a pick at 8.

If Fields is there then I think its telling about him as well and we can still trade out

I got what you are saying, so you don't have to keep reiterating it.  I don't think you are are looking at the other side of the coin about hedging their bets. 

Do you KNOW they don't like Fields/Lance?  Could it be they like them and a) didn't think they would be there or b) like them but didn't want to throw them to the wolves or c) both scenarios.

You could be right, maybe they didn't like either of them, but at least consider the discussion could be a little bit more complex than that.

We are now officially 0 for 1 on replacing the former franchise quarterback. The 100 million dollar coach and the owner who hired him are now officially on the clock. They can no longer use the boogeyman Hurney as a shield for their decisions and fans should do the same.