• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

9 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

actually per this chart the jets don't know anything about the players they draft, or how good they'll be

Joe Douglas(ravens org) is the new GM, 2020 I think. Hes only had one year and look at the difference in draft with FAs. His only big mistake was Robby ANderson and he admitted that. Cleaning up a Jet size mess will take longer, but hes off to one hell of a start. Much better than panthers Fritteererererrerer

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Growl said:

the team has done a good job concealing who is the driving force behind these decisions 

marty got fired so Marty got blamed for bridgewater, but here we are digging our heels in

somebody in the organization is pushing this kind of thing

maybe our college head coach has college head coach syndrome and thinks these guys are just a little bit of Coach ‘Em Up away from greatness 

maybe joe Brady wants to prove he can make somebody great

or maybe Dave tepper is a hedge fund manager who doesn’t understand the national football league

We’ll know eventually and I can’t wait to lambast them for it

Yeah I have no idea who is to blame but 2020, especially in a covid year, should’ve been a tank job as much as possible. Get the cap right, sign one year deals, play Grier or Allen and work towards a push this year in 2021. Doesn’t mean tank the games but set yourself up the best possible way for the future with draft capital and cap space. Instead we’re gonna be stuck here for a loooooooong time.

It’s like we freak out and get desperate all the fuging time. I was really looking forward to a slow burning rebuild with a top franchise qb pick that we build a solid team around but that ain’t happening.

if Rhule and co. Don’t get a franchise qb they will be fired before their contract is up. 

I think our FO is lost. It feels like we settled for whatever that's left, again I blame the FO for not playing this QB carousel offseason better. We don't know if Watson is available, we got jumped by SF for a QB, we're not sure which QB would be available at 8, we couldn't trade for Stafford. I'm not so sure that Darnold is an upgrade at this point, we're just banking on his "potential." 

Darnold has lower body mechanics issues.  When you scramble, they are magnified.  As the Jets were losing, the QB tends to press and try to make things happen.  Playing from behind with no defense is much different than playing with a lead or having a strong defense. 

Now lets work on the mechanics and see what we have.  Lets keep him in the game and not send him out to make miracles happen.

I am going out on a limb here and I am going to suggest that we watched some film on him.  I am reaching here, but I think they like the arm and his overall chances for turning it around.  If they are wrong, it is not like they invested $40m guaranteed on him, like they did Teddy---who, by the way, was 5-0 with the Saints in 2019 and looked good....

• Pie 5

Fitterer has a scarcity mentality that was triggered even more by his failure to snag the much better QBs earlier in FA. Even so, I am going to stop making negative posts about this situation. I am hoping for the best from here on out unless someone replies me about my earlier posts.

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

He is 23 and what he cost us was really pretty low if are better next year.  I understand he has been poor so far but what if this guy ends up being good?  He has some talent he just needs some success.  

No this was a panic move I've done this trade in madden we could've gotten him for a 6th and a bag of chips we're doomed.

What's that Josh fugin Rosen went for a 2nd and a 5th? Well fug

• Pie 2