• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

I didn’t have high hopes of getting him for less than a second round pick. I’m not thrilled about giving up an extra 4th but I get it. We probably could have had him for just this years second, but this is the cost of doing it for 2022. Hopefully he will be a steal for us and our pick will be much lower next year.

I told people here previously they were crazy for thinking Darnold would go for just a 3rd or 4th.

I'm more optimistic this year at this time than last.  Worst case scenario, we get David Carr 2.0 a qb that can't un-shake his ptsd from playing behind a trash o-line and we get a high draft pick next year.  This gives us ability to potentially take Slater or even Sewell at LT.  If for some reason the 49ers take Mac and Fields starts falling, I think you still take a swing at him.

2 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

So we end up with a QB on a rookie contract which is OK. He will have two years to earn his next one. Get rid if of TB's contract somehow. Draft BPA at 8. Watch Fitterer magic ensue.

EZPZ.

This is the way.

Getting a non-rookie on a rookie deal is important for replacing Teddy's contract.  It allows us to draft a QB if it is presented (although Slater or Sewell look super awesome for us now) and go into the year with not-Teddy Bridgewater.

The Panthers IG is going crazy with the Darnold love today.  So the org is fully embracing him right now (understandably) so we've got a new QB in the house.  Time to sit back and enjoy the Fit-Rhule ride.   

Maybe this opens up a Mond pick in R2-4 as a developmental/emergency option or it doesn't work out at all and we'll be in position for Howell, Rattler or Slovis next season.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, trueblue said:

I love the Huddle... Panthers could trade a future 7th for Jesus and it would be a colossal mismanagement of draft capital. 

But trade 2 future number 1’s for the opportunity to move up 5 spots.. Do IT!!!!!

What's his 40 time?

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Joe Douglas(ravens org) is the new GM, 2020 I think. Hes only had one year and look at the difference in draft with FAs. His only big mistake was Robby ANderson and he admitted that. Cleaning up a Jet size mess will take longer, but hes off to one hell of a start. Much better than panthers Fritteererererrerer

Lol Fitterer has been our GM for all of what, 4 months? Wtf is wrong with you people?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2