• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The upside here is that Darnold has more physical ability than Teddy. If he works out, great. If he doesn't, he has a lot bigger bust potential than Teddy did too. I just hope it's one or the other. Light it up and be the answer or suck it up and get us Howell next year. No half stepping please.

Teddy didn't outright lose a lot of games.  He just doesn't win any of them either.

If Darnold doesn't work out, he WILL lose us a lot of games next season.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MadHatter said:

Difference is that Darnold turned the ball over at a high rate in college.  That us what concerns me...that he has always been turnover prone.

He’s thrown 24 picks in 28 games over the last 2 full season. Wtf are you talking about? 

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

In those 4 months we got 2 first day OL signed. Both in the last three years are in the bottom metrics of rankings. Cut Kerr and didnt tender Obada, now theres a big need for DT. Maybe re-sign Kerr, but soon after SF signed him. Manged to trade 3 picks(including a 2nd) for a QB with worst metrics than Teddy 2 gloves. Took 50-60 million form the 2022 cap to pay for 2021 free agents, that may improve the win total form 5 to a sky high 6 maybe.. Great start huh....hurray panthers!!!!

When is your interview to be an NFL GM?

• Pie 2

56 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

A second and a fourth is quite a bit?  Also, I read we will not be picking up his option??? Im so confused

Teams are trading multiple first round picks for unproven rookies like Mac Jones, but some here think a 2nd and 4th next year and a 6th this year is too much for the 3rd pick in the draft 3 years ago. It’s madness.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

If you are debating if Darno is better than Teddy may I point your attention the fact that crap taste like fecies? As a Panther's fan I buy this product every year, this comes from experience. 

Expecting a different results just diverts from the fact that everything is on fire and is better off burning down. All hail Calcifur. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, MadHatter said:

Difference is that Darnold turned the ball over at a high rate in college.  That us what concerns me...that he has always been turnover prone.

in college 

Darnold-  57 TD 22 INT 846 attempts 

Allen-  44TD 21 INT 649 attempts 

But please, go on. 

Edited by trueblue
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

Teams are trading multiple first round picks for unproven rookies like Mac Jones, but some here think a 2nd and 4th next year and a 6th this year is too much for the 3rd pick in the draft 3 years ago. It’s madness.

Yes it is. Absolute insanity. 

Haven't been this excited for week 1 in a long time. 

Darnold goes 350 for 4. 

The Huddle: I KNEW IT!

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Yes it is. Absolute insanity. 

Haven't been this excited for week 1 in a long time. 

Darnold goes 350 for 4. 

The Huddle: I KNEW IT!

I’m with you bro. I can’t wait to rub it in everyone’s face here too when it happens.

• Pie 2

Got to love the poo posting here. I do think some posters here will never be happy, even if we win a Super Bowl...

Now with Darnold?  Who knows.  It's a gamble.  He was the #3 pick over all three years ago.  He's got talent.  He's made some nice looking plays.  We all know the Jets were a dumpster fire.  We also know that about half the first round QBs don't pan out historically.  Giving up a 6th rounder and next years 2nd and 4th rounder will be a good deal if he's even able to be a top 15 QB.

We also don't know enough about our new GM and the draft to know if he's going to make those picks count, or if we'll be hollaring for Hurney Magic again.

It's a development, but we'll have to see if it becomes a good one or a poo one.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Holy crap. We are officially worse than the Jets. Spin that how you need to, but it holds true. We are a bottom dwellers and Tepper is a bottom 5 owner. He took a mediocre team and turned it it into a bottom 5 team. We just took the Jets failure as a better option because they get to pick the 2nd best QB in the draft and our 'experts' want Teddy 2.0 for 2021, all hope no reason. 

Fire them all!

I am alright with this. It's not terrible. It's not great. 

Had it been a 3rd next year vs the 2nd now that would be much better. 

Low risk, high reward deal. 

We can draft OL this year. 

If Sam turns out good, its a big win for us. 

If Sam sucks, then we will be in a prime spot to draft a good QB next year. 

Which will pretty much determine Rhule's future in Carolina imo. 

Win win situation imo. 

Go big or go home. 

Edited by Agent Blue