• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Literally nothing is better. What do you not get about that? This is Teddy 2.0 territory a year after learning nothing.

Go into draft, see what pick 8 brings. Then trade for garbage at a high price in desperation. We couldn't even make it to the draft before panicking. Honestly, not being sarcastic, guys in the second round with little chance of success had more to offer than Darnope because they all have not proved how bad they are in the NFL already. 

We are today, no less in need of a QB then before we traded for a long shot QB to be years of tape has ever shown him to be. Hoping Darnope will work out is the NFL equivalent of huffing paint cans in a paper bag. 

8 would have brought the 4th or 5th "best" QB in the class.  "Darnope" is a silly support for your argument, whatever that may be. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

8 would have brought the 4th or 5th "best" QB in the class.  "Darnope" is a silly support for your argument, whatever that may be. 

Sounds like better options than known failures at a high cost to replace that last overpriced failure from crew that doesn't know how to win in the NFL. Keep them pompoms goings, good look on you Claw. 

Maybe state something factual that has a place outside of distant longshot with no other option. We have operated desperately this entire offseason and we have finally made the bad move. I didn't hope for it, I didn't want it and I am sure as hell not supporting it. You know what isn't worse than a complete failure? The 4th or 5th best option in this draft when there were only 4 decent options. 

What teams fail to realize is that you rarely win a SB with another teams castoff QB. But...but....but....Brady, Brady and Peyton are the only two over the last 20 years every other QB has been drafted by the team they won with.

Going from Darnold to Bridgewater is mind numbing 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Sounds like better options than known failures at a high cost to replace that last overpriced failure from crew that doesn't know how to win in the NFL. Keep them pompoms goings, good look on you Claw. 

Maybe state something factual that has a place outside of distant longshot with no other option. We have operated desperately this entire offseason and we have finally made the bad move. I didn't hope for it, I didn't want it and I am sure as hell not supporting it. You know what isn't worse than a complete failure? The 4th or 5th best option in this draft when there were only 4 decent options. 

Was Ryan Tannehill a "known failure" in Miami?  

1 minute ago, GoobyPls said:

What teams fail to realize is that you rarely win a SB with another teams castoff QB. But...but....but....Brady, Brady and Peyton are the only two over the last 20 years every other QB has been drafted by the team they won with.

Going from Darnold to Bridgewater is mind numbing 

It's just all coping at this point. Either they settle or they call it for the poo sandwich it is. Either way, we are sunk for another year at the minimum. 

You know honestly, Ive never seen this board happy about any moves we've ever made. Yall hated the Cam pick. Y'all said CMC couldn't run up the middle. Y'all whined about Luke being drafted early. Y'all was hype about Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess.

Thank the Lord none of y'all are GMS. Y'all would've gave houston the keys, and your bootyholes for deshaun watson only for him to molest 18 personal trainers and massage therapist. Let it play out. It could be worse. We could be lining fuggin teddy bridgewater under center again. At least they recognize when a qb sucks, and if darnold sucks he will meet the same fate. Besides at least the guys hands are bigger than my kindergartner and he doesn't need two gloves to handle the ball and get it down field 5 yards.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 3

Just now, ClawOn said:

Was Ryan Tannehill a "known failure" in Miami?  

Which SB did he win? The one last year or year before when he went from crap to better option for non-winner of the SB? Or are you finally going to admit this is about you feeling better about not getting better? How did Teddy do in our genius OC perfectly tailored offense? What could go wrong? We have goobs on here celebrating the QB that got a bad franchise the 2nd pick is coming here to save us from sucking. 

I completely understand wanting to believe. Not allowing others to not take the same baseless stance in a different direction is a huge fallacy. Either of us may be wrong but I have factual reasons to believe this is a bad move where you have only hope and conjecture to back up your desires. If I am wrong we get to see a miracle and if you are wrong we get to see Tuesday, I'll take that bet. Our OC isn't and hasn't show any genius regardless of the hype. Fug sake, we thought Teddy was the answer last year. I feel pretty safe with saying this is a failure all over again. 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Which SB did he win? The one last year or year before when he went from crap to better option for non-winner of the SB? Or are you finally going to admit this is about you feeling better about not getting better? How did Teddy do in our genius OC perfectly tailored offense? What could go wrong? We have goobs on here celebrating the QB that got a bad franchise the 2nd pick is coming here to save us from sucking. 

I completely understand wanting to believe. Not allowing others to not take the same baseless stance in a different direction is a huge fallacy. Either of us may be wrong but I have factual reasons to believe this is a bad move where you have only hope and conjecture to back up your desires. If I am wrong we get to see a miracle and if you are wrong we get to see Tuesday, I'll take that bet. Our OC isn't and hasn't show any genius regardless of the hype. Fug sake, we thought Teddy was the answer last year. I feel pretty safe with saying this is a failure all over again. 

I believe I have found your problem. Marty Hurney thought Teddy Bridgewater was the answer. He is no longer employed by our organization. Scott Fitterer is our GM now. 

4 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

I believe I have found your problem. Marty Hurney thought Teddy Bridgewater was the answer. He is no longer employed by our organization. Scott Fitterer is our GM now. 

LoL. Smells like the same crap, puts together same bad product, what's really different?

We could have hired a great GM. We kept Hurney and took what was left when he was fired. Again, it looks to be time to burn it all down and start over.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

LoL. Smells like the same crap, puts together same bad product, what's really different?

We could have hired a great GM. We kept Hurney and took what was left when he was fired. Again, it looks to be time to burn it all down and start over.

So you have already determined that Scott Fitterer,  prior to his 1st season or 1st draft,  sucks?

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Growl said:

I would’ve gladly traded a 2, 4, 6 to move up for someone who can be truly special at the QB position rather than settling for long shot game manager

this may be the worst move this team has ever made, if one of these QBs goes on to be great, and at least one certainly will, we will always have to sit back and wonder what could’ve been

There isn't one statement that has been said that we won't address the QB spot as well.   There are several latter round QBs out there that could surprise us.  

You can easily switch this around and say glad we didn't take QB-2 because he sucks.   Hindsight is 20/20.