• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

On 4/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, Growl said:

We just got bent over the table by one of the worst ran teams in sports and they’ll take the player we should’ve had (sans the bridgewater signing) and finally turn their team around

This team just doubled down on a mistake 

15 poos on this post

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

On 4/5/2021 at 4:11 PM, Growl said:

I would’ve gladly traded a 2, 4, 6 to move up for someone who can be truly special at the QB position rather than settling for long shot game manager

this may be the worst move this team has ever made, if one of these QBs goes on to be great, and at least one certainly will, we will always have to sit back and wonder what could’ve been

Ugh

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

At least some people saw how terrible a deal it was.

I couldn’t believe we gave up what we did. He had all the same issues since college and never showed a damn thing his entire career.

I didn’t want him but if Rhule had to have him what was the justification of trading more than a late round pick? The guy was a complete bust for the Jets and was going to be cut by them. We swooped in and helped the Jets win for once.

Also, funny how so many people talk about the lack of value on those picks. Keep in mind those same people will now claim Rhule can’t fix everything in a single season because of the lack of picks lmao.

• Flames 1

On 4/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, joemac said:

Holy poo - it happened.  Well at least hes not Teddy B.  And to everybody shitting on him, go actually watch his tape.  Dude has got arm talent for DAYS.  Im going to go out on a limb and predict that he is going to absolutely thrive in our system, with our weapons and with Joe Brady calling the plays (for 1 more year at least.)

Whoopsie.

• Pie 1

Well I suppose we could have all thought we would address our offensive line in the upcoming draft to provide *some* kind of protection for Ghost Darnold, but we went after a franchise corner and a 2nd rd. steal of a receiver.

We did, however, draft two O-linemen in the 3rd and 6th rounds.  They were able to start playing at their college positions in Weeks 16 and 17 last season.  🤣😂

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2