• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

On 4/5/2021 at 4:06 PM, hepcat said:

Stole him! 

Don’t like the 2nd next year but dude is only 24

9 months later and this has turned into an email to the team expressing dissatisfaction.

Man, I wonder what I posted in here. I know I wanted a rookie QB (didn’t want Teddy) and I didn’t like giving up so many picks but I might have been OK with it. I just wanted to go OL heavy and we fuged that up, but hey we have our long snapper of the future.

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, joemac said:

LOL Yikes.  I sure stepped on my dick on that one.  I admit I was completely wrong.  

Meh, tried the positivity route, I mean its like the XFiles...want to believe. Now we have Fhule on the radio talking about how how had Slater as a G lol....this man is the biggest fuging clown I've ever even heard of.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Meh, tried the positivity route, I mean its like the XFiles...want to believe. Now we have Fhule on the radio talking about how how had Slater as a G lol....this man is the biggest fuging clown I've ever even heard of.

Yeah....this is after Slater had what I believe was the highest rated rookie LT season of all time or some poo.  Rhule is such a damn clown. 

• Beer 4

34 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yeah picking up that option was something.  Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I mean you can't give up a 2nd and 4th for a one year rental alone, unless you need a LT or something and are definitely making a super bowl run. They screwed themselves the moment they offered the 2nd rd pick for a project/gamble

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

On 4/5/2021 at 4:25 PM, stbugs said:

Me too. Hate the 2nd next year but we’ll see how he does and we didn’t lose any good picks this year.

This is what happened because we decided to go for it in 2020. We put ourselves out of the running for a top QB. I still don’t think SF will take Jones. It also doesn’t preclude us from taking a QB we like if they happen to fall. We may assume Fields is gone at 3 and we won’t give up a king's ransom for 2.

Meh, not bad. At least I haven’t changed my tune on wanting to tank in 2020 for a rookie QB and I hated giving up the 2nd.

There were a lot of people wanting a LT and there were a lot of people talking about how worthless the 2nd round pick was. Doh. We should have taken the best C in the NFL Humphrey in the 2nd this year. Instead we get Marshall and that’s why people think a 2nd doesn’t matter. We got Moton and Ryan Kalil in the 2nd but we don’t need OL, do we?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean you can't give up a 2nd and 4th for a one year rental alone, unless you need a LT or something and are definitely making a super bowl run. They screwed themselves the moment they offered the 2nd rd pick for a project/gamble

Yes, once they gave up half a draft for Darnold (puke) the 5th year option was going to happen.

It’s going to be a lot of threads like this bumped if Matt Rhule leads the panthers to the playoffs next season. I don’t know if that would ever happen but this board is full of so many hypocrites I hope it does.

• Flames 2

24 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You made more sense than Rhule did in his press conference:  "we uhm, uhm wanted to extend so we paid for a starting quarterback, uhm, uhm yeah that's all I got to say about that."

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, stbugs said:

9 months later and this has turned into an email to the team expressing dissatisfaction.

Man, I wonder what I posted in here. I know I wanted a rookie QB (didn’t want Teddy) and I didn’t like giving up so many picks but I might have been OK with it. I just wanted to go OL heavy and we fuged that up, but hey we have our long snapper of the future.

I was never against trading for Darnold. He was a young QB on a bad team and it was worth the gamble. Everything else they did is what I have an issue with. Picking up his 5th year $19m option before he played a down with the team, not bringing in a competent veteran backup or rookie to compete with him, not properly investing in the OL to protect him. 

So yea, trading for Darnold itself wasn't a bad move. They just did nothing else to support that move.

52 minutes ago, Gipetto said:

It’s going to be a lot of threads like this bumped if Matt Rhule leads the panthers to the playoffs next season. I don’t know if that would ever happen but this board is full of so many hypocrites I hope it does.

Ray Charles Laugh GIF

With colts maybe moving on from Wentz after 1 year … I think we paid the market rate for Sam.. yea it didn’t work. Wish we had those picks back but that’s the price to pay for “decent qb” … atleast we didn’t trade 2 1st for Wentz for 1 year but the off-season hasn’t started yet…