• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will pick up Sam Darnold 5th year option

TheSpecialJuan

Guys this is about getting rid of Teddy, not necessarily taking us out of the QB market in the draft.  The worst thing that could have happened was the 'big 4' were already gone and another team had already traded for Darnold prior to the draft.  The front office couldn't risk that and be saddled with Teddy for another year.

Edited by 45catfan

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Guys this is about getting rid of Teddy, not necessarily taking us out of the QB market in the draft.  The worst thing that could have happened was the 'big 4' were already gone and another team had already traded for Darnold prior to the draft.  The front office couldn't risk that and be saddled with Teddy for another year.

I don't think you give up 3 picks for a QB just to turn around and take another QB in the first round. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Before destroying this trade:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetsxfactor.com/2020/05/27/100-reasons-to-believe-in-new-york-jets-qb-sam-darnold/amp/

The Jets were arguably the worst offensive roster in the entire league. If Fitterer can protect him (cough) Sewell (cough)....he’s going to be a very good QB for us.

I wouldn't be mad at Sewell...  it would shore up a position we have struggled with for almost a decade now.  But, man...  Pitts or Chase?  I'm salivating.

1 minute ago, Kuhndog94 said:

I don't think you give up 3 picks for a QB just to turn around and take another QB in the first round. 

It called hedging your bet.  The front office could NOT RISK a run on QBs and be stuck with no options outside of starting Teddy again.  Daronld was being shopped and Watson is radioactive right now.  Things could have gone really bad on draft night if they didn't pull the trigger on this trade.

10 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Before destroying this trade:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetsxfactor.com/2020/05/27/100-reasons-to-believe-in-new-york-jets-qb-sam-darnold/amp/

The Jets were arguably the worst offensive roster in the entire league. If Fitterer can protect him (cough) Sewell (cough)....he’s going to be a very good QB for us.

Adam Gase was the QB coach for the Jets the past two years. I trust our coaching staff we got the most out of Teddy B.

Worst case we lost a 2nd round pick for him. We gave up that much for Armanti Edwards. Somehow I don't think this will be the move to damn us to help like many doomposters here seem to think. 

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That's a hefty price to pay for Teddy's replacement man. I mean Imagine having a MVP QB play out his contract instead of signing a back up QB and then Trading for QB that isn't that much better? Feels like they are shooting themselves in the foot trying to be cute and smart. I commend them for trying to right the wrongs but at some point they will have to become a little wiser on the whole QB thing.