• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So then, what are we netting for Teddy and where’s he headed to?

davos

7 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I think we net nothing because we’ll cut him and who cares where he’ll go because he won’t be our problem any more. 

My instinct but a mid to late rounder would be a nice thing. Thing is, teams now definitely know we don’t want TB so they’ll just wait until we inevitably cut him.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, davos said:

I’m going to go with a 3rd & 6th to maybe DEN, NYJ or SF (the latter after Garrapolo goes elsewhere & to backup their new rookie. That makes the $ stomach-able for them)

Predictions in here.

You’re out of your damn mind if you think Teddy gets anything close to that. We’d be lucky to get a 5th. Nobody wants teddy checkdown and his contract.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

You’re out of your damn mind if you think Teddy gets anything close to that. We’d be lucky to get a 5th. Nobody wants teddy checkdown and his contract.

Yeah it’s settled in a bit more he’s just getting cut and we’re eating it. But looking at the $ post J1, it’s eatable so new QB is here. For whatever that is with Darnold. 

1 minute ago, davos said:

Yeah it’s settled in a bit more he’s just getting cut and we’re eating it. But looking at the $ post J1, it’s eatable so new QB is here. For whatever that is with Darnold. 

Yeah, I think best thing we can do is save as much money as possible at this point. I’m hopeful for Darnold.

When Carolina trades down in the draft picking up a 2nd rounder and not having to trade multiple picks to move up for an unknown, the Darnold trade will have been for peanuts.  a younger experienced QB with 2 years left on his rookie contract.  This was a fantastic trade.

Edited by chknwing
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Can they even trade him? Who are the potential suitors anyway? I'd be surprised if we move him tbh

Denver is the only one, going faaar out but teams with decent cap and "need" are - Colts, Beaguals, Lions, chargers. They need a vet backup, just his contract must be dealt with. ie big pay cut and other magic like no bonuses etc. 

Again Panthers somewhat played themselves, much like last season with Cam.....They signed teddy with Cam on the roster.....now we traded for Sam with Teddy on the roster....his loooowwwww value just got lower. Honestly rework his contract and release feels like the best solution. Hurts but give Teddy his 8-10 million and cut him looking like the out come.

Just read an article about takes on the trade. A lot of experts apparently think we're keeping Teddy. They don't think we can trade him, and that it doesn't make sense to cut him.

I was actually a little surprised they were so down on Carolina in this trade. They think we got fleeced a bit, which I disagree with even if I don't think it was a great trade.

Edited by Madwolf
  • Beer 1