• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Darnold won't be bad

RIPTreyLance

5 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Darnold has more upside than Teddy for sure...but sadly Teddy is probably the better QB.  Not thrilled with this trade, hope it works out.

I disagree. Teddy is not the better QB. Put the tape on side by side and let it speak for itself. While watching, take account that teddy has DJ moore, Robby and curtis.. and Darnold had jamison crowder as his best guy. And Adam gase. It's pretty laughable honestly. Darnold to me is easily better 

Just now, RIPTreyLance said:

I disagree. Teddy is not the better QB. Put the tape on side by side and let it speak for itself. While watching, take account that teddy has DJ moore, Robby and curtis.. and Darnold had jamison crowder as his best guy. And Adam gase. It's pretty laughable honestly. Darnold to me is easily better 

Darnold sure hasn't shown it yet...maybe he's a late bloomer.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Half this board tried to convince themselves this time last year that the Teddy signing was brilliant too. This one likely ends up turning out about the same. Darnold probably has a career year like Teddy did because honestly it wouldn't take much to qualify but it's nowhere near good enough and this time next year half the board is trying to convince themselves that the trade for Jared Goff will be the third time's a charm.

Need to bump some of those threads and see the coloration. I member my posting were along the lines of -" dont agree, but the coaches want him, so......" Plus I know for a fact I said Id take Jameis Winston for 1 million over Teddy for 3/63. Truth be told, right now Teddy is a better QB than Darnold and they just traded 3 picks(2nd) for him. Just when I think you had some questionable moves(Erving/ Elflein) and then this..... only saving grace is they're not big money killers.

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Darnold sure hasn't shown it yet...maybe he's a late bloomer.

I mean, Adam gase does have a reputation fair or not of ruining QBs and teams... Darnold didn't exactly have weapons the same way we have weapons... Plus, the jets are an awful team period. There's so many variables are play. Playing for a team that's dysfunctional probably sucks the life out of you.

1 minute ago, RIPTreyLance said:

I mean, Adam gase does have a reputation fair or not of ruining QBs and teams... Darnold didn't exactly have weapons the same way we have weapons... Plus, the jets are an awful team period. There's so many variables are play. Playing for a team that's dysfunctional probably sucks the life out of you.

The panthers have the same reputation.

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Need to bump some of those threads and see the coloration. I member my posting were along the lines of -" dont agree, but the coaches want him, so......" Plus I know for a fact I said Id take Jameis Winston for 1 million over Teddy for 3/63. Truth be told, right now Teddy is a better QB than Darnold and they just traded 3 picks(2nd) for him. Just when I think you had some questionable moves(Erving/ Elflein) and then this..... only saving grace is they're not big money killers.

I have no doubt in my mind that Rhule can get Darnold to check down every play and then some. Teddy might have better understanding and situational awareness at this point but he still plays scared and doesn’t have the raw skills that Darnold does. He’s useless if he can’t win with the game on the line.

3 minutes ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

fuging eye test shows he's ass, just like Teddy, but unlike Teddy he horrifically failed the stats test.

Same fuging idiots last year that stroked the FO off for bringing in Teddy doing the same this year with Darnold.

For what it's worth I was one of the ones deathly against the teddy idea. This Darnold idea is significantly more hopeful and appealing imo. Lol