• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we were the only ones who wanted sam darnold lol

29 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Who the fug cares. 

Yea who hell is so dumb that they thought this was true anyway when it was reported forever ago that other teams were kicking the tires for SD too. Like FFS this site has always had some 'winners' but lately its just bwhahahahahaha you believe in flat earth level.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Like I said, taking a flyer on him for a mid to late pick or two was fine.  Giving then a second for him is what gives me huge pause...  especially now knowing there were no other bidders.

With it being next years it doesn’t sting as much. It might if it turns out to be a horrible signing.  I’m no that high on Darnold but dammit he is my QB now so I will run with it.  Let’s see what Brady and Rhule can  do with him. 

36 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

The optimism will quickly fade when y’all have to sit through 17 Sundays with Sam Darnold under center. This board will be in total meltdown mode by October 1st over this shitty signing. 

What optimism? The Panthers have 2 division wins since 2019 with Cam Newton Kyle Allen and Teddy Bridgewater. Most people seem to understand we are not a good football team. It's been a rough time for Charlotte sports but they can at least give us a team with some fight. We were not going to get that with a two yards and a cloud of dust passer like Bridgewater and if Darnold isn't it then it is on to the next.

6 hours ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Actually it's been reported multiple teams were interested at one point when the price was too high and they were asking for a 1st or second. After free agency, after the 49ers trade, and after andy dalton there just wasn't any suitors left besides us. 

In other words we let the market settle and still got our guy.  Smart

3 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

As long as it doesn’t impede our vision of what we COULD get in a falling lance or fields, I like the move. One of those two happen to fall, have yourself a Qb competition and be in a much better place.

Nowhere is it written that if either fall to 8 we don't take him. 

IMO this will be a historic draft.  4 QBs in the first 4 picks.   Regardless of who is left (Fields, Lance or Jones) someone is going to trade up ahead of us to grab that last QB.

Supposedly, we are picking up his 5th year option.  Two years to evaluate.  If he sucks at the end of 2 years we'll have Bridgewater off the books and a fresh start.  If he plays well next year we sign him to a long term contract.