• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Build a wall

Mr. Scot

16 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

If Lance or Fields falls we should still draft them.

What if Lance and Field will be gone by 49er or Falcons but I know 49er is definitely Getting Mac Jones or Field on their 3rd pick. 

So I would wait and see what happen in Draft Night. It wouldn't be surprised if 49er taken Field or Lance? 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, I'm not talking about immigration.

I would agree that this absolutely should be our next step.

You traded for a young quarterback. Now do whatever is necessary to protect him.

Yes let’s try to support a bust qb so delusional fans and coaches can convince themselves he isn’t a total loser. Great plan. Should draft all defense again 

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I guess I could be delusional like a good chunk of our fanbase and act like this organization has historically made good decisions that worked out well. Meanwhile, we're probably lining up our fourth consecutive losing season.

"The organization" isn't Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera anymore.

Fitterer and Rhule are just getting started. They have zero track record together at this point.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 3

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fitterer said in his presser today that he wanted to use the draft to build on both sides of the line and at corner.

I'd say we're significantly better on the defensive line than on the offensive side right now, so I'm hoping the draft concentration is there.

I'm that boring old man who thinks that there's nothing better than a football game with a 10-12 score, so hell yeah build both lines! The game is won in the trenches.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish I was as confident as some of y'all that we actually have our QB to build around. I'm definitely not.

I’m being cautiously optimistic. Worse case scenario is Darnold is a less expensive placeholder than Bridgewater. We have know way of knowing right now. But we can build a really good OL for McCaffrey’s prime years and whoever the next franchise QB will be.

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I believe this is the right thing to do regardless of whether Darnold works out or not.

Absolutely. 

Our front office must continue to build this team,  regardless whom the QB is. Those of us that are old, know finding the right QB is a not a short and easy process.

• Pie 1