• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Build a wall

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Okay... I'm not as worried about those positions as I am with OT and CB.. You can't have pro bowlers in every position...

What we had at LB and FS last year was far far removed from pro bowler. Hell, I would just like to get average play from those positions. 

Every other play they were out of position or missing tackles. 

4 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

What we had at LB and FS last year was far far removed from pro bowler. Hell, I would just like to get average play from those positions. 

Every other play they were out of position or missing tackles. 

We just signed 3 LBS and we're getting back another (Christian Miller) who opted out of last year.. Not to mention I thought Carter looked solid by the end of the season...

And aren't we moving Chinn to safety..

I am all for drafting an OT in the first if we don't go QB.  I think this years class lines up very well from a value and need perspective.  Also I think OTs are a good choice for 1st round picks from a positional value and importance aspect.  Look at some of the contracts that OTs get in free agency.

but...

There are some fans here that have unrealistic expectations of offensive lines, Unless the QB has six seconds to throw on every pass, and the RB doesn't get touched until he  is 5 yards downfield they think we have the worst line in the league.  I'm not sure if they will every really be happy. 

Also people need to realize more goes into a QB pressure than just the O-line in front of him.  Play calling and QB play is a huge part of it.  Also receivers play a part.  Having a 1st read receiver that gets open consistently helps a lot.  

How many sacks happen before the 1st read?  How many after?

Here again, I'm not saying we shouldn't draft one.  If anything this definitely looks like the year we should.  There are a couple of guys that look to be good value at 8.  There are a few more that might be good value with our second round pick, this class seems deeper than most.

• Pie 1

On 4/5/2021 at 8:54 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish I was as confident as some of y'all that we actually have our QB to build around. I'm definitely not.

Regardless of whether Darnold is the answer or not, whatever QB is the answer won't be unless he's playing behind a solid O line. Build the line while you find out if that's Darnold, Either way you're going to need that line.

• Pie 3

On 4/8/2021 at 4:02 PM, TheProcess said:

This kid could be a sleeper in this draft. 

Screenshot_20210408-160003_Chrome.jpg

And 34 and 3/4 arms. Likely a guy that will not be a sleeper and a guy people go look up after he is taken way earlier than draftniks' boards predict.

He was on watch list in 2019 preseasons too so he's been known for a while. 

• Beer 1

On 4/8/2021 at 1:22 PM, RockyTopVol said:

What I'd absolutely love to see is a trade for Orlando Brown, then trade back and draft Jaycee Horn. 

Not a fan of trading for Orlando Brown when this is such a deep class of OT. The guy is clamoring out of Baltimore because he wants to get a chance to play LT and get a contract commensurate with the position (e.g $20 million per year). We'll be stuck either dumping 20% of our cap for him and Moton in 2022 or having to let one go after giving up a high pick to get Brown. If you really want Horn, why not still trade back, use the extra 2nd to get any one of Leatherwood, Cosmi, Radunz or whoever else might be there that we like and get a low cost tackle for the next 4 years. Would you rather have Horn and Orlando Brown or Horn, Leatherwood, an extra 2nd round pick and $75 million more in cap space over the next 4 years? No brainer

14 minutes ago, chbright said:

And 34 and 3/4 arms. Likely a guy that will not be a sleeper and a guy people go look up after he is taken way earlier than draftniks' boards predict.

He was on watch list in 2019 preseasons too so he's been known for a while. 

He's a solid 3rd rounder, so he's in no way a sleeper, I agree.  I would love to draft him if we didn't already have Moton and bigger needs.  I have mocked him a few times in the instance that a long-term deal with Moton can't be reached.  I have consistently mocked him in the 3rd round.

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

My dream is Sewell in the first, a solid Guard prospect in the second, maybe a good TE or safety in the third.

This would immediately fix our line and we could even address a center in round 4.  And boom finally be done with worrying about our qb getting decapitated. 

If Pitts is there you have to take him. a Gronk/Kelce tight end just opens up way too much for the offense and makes it impossible to stop no matter what the line is.

I think Sewell/Slater is the best bet, still hoping for Slater as our franchise LG and signing Villanueva or Wagner or bringing back Okung to be our LT

• Pie 1