• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spent time watching all of Darnold's throws over the past three years. My conclusion...

Zod

4 hours ago, Zod said:

Dunno. I saw him underthrow a lot of long balls.

Arm strength is fine. He doesn't set his feet a lot and tends to hop around the pocket. He also doesn't step into a lot of throws. He started doing this his last year at USC. He had historically had lazy footwork.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, hepcat said:

You're probably right. I'm really disappointed in the direction the team has taken since Tepper bought the team. We went from having Cam Newton playing some of his best football in early 2018 to having to find a way to be excited about noodle-armed Teddy Bridgewater and former Jets QB bust Sam Darnold. It's a far cry from the badass teams the Panthers fielded in the 2010s.

Really makes it hard to get excited for next season.

There is zero excitement for me next season, just like last season. Hopefully the draft adds some life to this corpse of a franchise. It's like Weekend at Bernie's at this point. 

Also Tepper looks completely out of his element in the NFL. Dude hid behind Ron and Marty, then kept Marty like a blanky. He will make money either way so there is still hope he can keep caring and actually improve and not be a bad owner. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

I'll admit to not seeing Darnold's entire career.  What I have seen impresses me. His pocket presence. His arm strength. His accuracy.  His decisions under duress. 

I'm an old guy now, and have been a football fan my whole life.  I'm know what makes a good QB and doesn't.  

Darnold has the talent, and skillet. I've seen enough of him to be excited about watching our offense. 

A lot to be excited about.

We didn't give up so much for him, should the negative Nancy's be right for a change, that the team can move on easily.  

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

After researching myself, I've come to the conclusion that Sam Darnold = David Carr.

Carr was 28 when he came here and was in the beat down factory for 5 years..

Sam Darnold is 5 years younger and hasn't spent nearly that much time getting destroyed.