• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spent time watching all of Darnold's throws over the past three years. My conclusion...

Zod

1 minute ago, Zod said:

Spent some time watching all of Darnold's throws over the past three seasons. My thoughts - 

Pros - 

- Decent job buying time with his feet and throwing a strike. Excels when rolling out and just balling. 

- Decent arm strength. Not great, but good enough. 

- Solid pocket presence. Steps up well when pressured. Good feet. 

Cons - 

- Throws really bone headed interceptions. Just doesn't see defenders sometimes. 

- Confidence. You can just see it dwindle as the games go on. 

Conclusion

Doubtful he will ever be an elite QB, but he may be a good QB for a long ass time if the Panthers can coach him out of his bad habits and teach him how to watch film and gameplan for defenses. 

I disagree, from what I saw he has a cannon that can throw ropes into coverage

• Pie 6

7 minutes ago, Zod said:

A second round pick and a rookie contract isn't gambling big time. Teddy was much more of a gamble. 

Guaranteed 19M next year is almost exactly where the Panthers are at with Teddy right now. And he only cost a 3rd round comp pick.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The amount of interception along with his poor completion percentage concerns me.

Completion % can be fixed with a better scheme, example, Cam in 2018 and 2020 at Patriots. Also, Darnold will have CMC for some easy completions and help moving the chain so that do not concern me that much.

The interceptions does. Some say he tries to much and push the ball downfield because he have no playmakers. But was that also the case in college?