• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers give Teddy permission to seek a trade

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, apparently we are a big payday for every future journeyman backup QB now.

What's happening is that Rhule has supreme confidence in his OC and his system. I think he thinks that his system can make a journeyman into a SB winner. That didn't work with Teddy, but I think the reasoning inside the organization was that Teddy was going rogue and doing his own thing at times (passes nowhere near the first down marker, holding the ball out at the goal line, ect).

The new narrative is that Darnold will listen and do as he's told, and then our amazing offensive system will turn him into Joe Montana.  

Edited by pantherj
1 hour ago, pantherj said:

What's happening is that Rhule has supreme confidence in his OC and his system. I think he thinks that his system can make a journeyman into a SB winner. That didn't work with Teddy, but I think the reasoning inside the organization was that Teddy was going rogue and doing his own thing at times (passes nowhere near the first down marker, holding the ball out at the goal line, ect).

The new narrative is that Darnold will listen and do as he's told, and then our amazing offensive system will turn him into Joe Montana.  

I think it's the opposite. Bridgewater was too conservative with the ball - he wasn't taking the shots that were there.

That was clearly frustrating Brady and Rhule. It's also not what the system is about - you have to take those shot plays when they present themselves.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I think it's the opposite. Bridgewater was too conservative with the ball - he wasn't taking the shots that were there.

That was clearly frustrating Brady and Rhule. It's also not what the system is about - you have to take those shot plays when they present themselves.

He clearly didn't run the system properly.

Edited by pantherj

The thing about Teddy was I think he partly wasn't willing to take as many hits trying to go deep. The other factor was he wasn't that great at going deep. Then take away CMC, and you've got a mess.

Edited by pantherj

No idea what the market is for him. Chicago and Houston need a QB. Maybe a Super Bowl contending team that wants a reliable veteran backup. Pittsburgh comes to mind. Maybe New Orleans wants him back. But I wouldn’t trade him there...

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

What happens when Brady leaves? Darnold regresses back to being a bad QB?

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

No idea what the market is for him. Chicago and Houston need a QB. Maybe a Super Bowl contending team that wants a reliable veteran backup. Pittsburgh comes to mind. Maybe New Orleans wants him back. But I wouldn’t trade him there...

None of those teams need a QB.  The only team that I can think of is Denver and he’s a terrible fit for that offense, they have a bunch of deep threats.

26 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

What happens when Brady leaves? Darnold regresses back to being a bad QB?

Brady isn't fixing Darnold. If Darnold gets fixed, it'll be Sean Ryan who fixes him.

• Beer 1
36 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Brady isn't fixing Darnold. If Darnold gets fixed, it'll be Sean Ryan who fixes him.

You’re right, to an extent. Part of Darnold’s problems are his poor fundamentals. Not setting his feet, throwing at odd angles, etc. But another part of his problem was how bad Adam Gase’s offensive playcalling was. I watched some analysis of Sam Darnold from last season and it was obvious how wrong some play calls were for the defense they were facing. So if Ryan can fix some of Darnold’s fundamental shortcomings, hopefully Brady’s scheme will put Darnold in more winning situations too.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

hopefully Brady’s scheme will put Darnold in more winning situations too.

And I assume, though that's all it is, that Ryan takes over for Brady when Brady ultimately leaves. But again, that's a big assumption.

• Beer 1
4 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

And I assume, though that's all it is, that Ryan takes over for Brady when Brady ultimately leaves. But again, that's a big assumption.

Probably a good one though.

Ryan was rumored to be the top candidate for OC before Joe Brady came into the picture.

• Beer 2
13 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

How does it feel to play in Giants stadium?

Very similar to Jets Stadium....

All joking aside, it's a beautiful stadium and was built 100% with private funds. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz