• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we take a moment and enjoy what having a competent GM looks like

TheBigKat

Let's not break out the champagne yet.

Hoping he is a good one. Hoping Rhule is a good HC.

But let's not sound like we expect wedding bells after the first date. I know we're desperate and all, but let's let things play out before we start picking the bridal gown, k?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Honestly, if the 2nd rounder was a 3rd, maybe there would’ve been a different reaction.

IMO one second rounder in the grand of scheme of things isn’t that crazy. And one sixth when we had three this year and that future 4th is indeed peanuts. I think we slightly overpaid but the QB market is definitely hiking their going rates.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Fitt knew Teddy B was NOT the answer

Fitt was not going to mortgage our future and trade away arguably one of the best non-QB offensive weapons to get Watson

Fitt was not going to give away early round draft capital in this draft knowing our 2nd this year is a borderline first

Fitt was not going to send the farm for a completely unknown rookie QB and have no draft assets to help build the team

Fitt went out and got a 3rd overall pick 3 years ago for peanuts, still on a rookie deal and has given this team 2 years to evaluate whether or not this is our guy

Darnold may be a bust (I personally doubt it) but so could sure fire's like Lawrence, Wilson (guy played against creampuffs), Lance, Fields. But a miss with Darnold costs you a 2022 second, a miss with any of those 4 rookies and giving up what you have to give, that sets your team back nearly a decade (ala Washington with RGIII)

We have a good GM folks

Pretty much this...I personally liked the Trubisky idea more and he was fuggin crazy cheap but whatever.

So far he is suspect at best. Reddick is the best move and he only came here to play for Rhule and Snow. Our Oline rebuild looks worthy of trying to kill a QB. We pushed the Shaq and CMC bad contracts into next year instead of doing something positive with either. And he has sayings like 'in on every deal' (plenty we should not be in on) and 'likes to draft a QB every year' (could work if we had one worth starting). Meh, this draft will show me everything else I need to know about this guy.  

• Poo 1