• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has the trade for Sam Darnold changed your outlook on the 2021 season?

hepcat

1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

not thrilled, but optimistic.

i highly recommend having pursuits outside of sports to maintain a calm detachment.

Learned that lesson in 2015. Diverted most of attention to that team, missed out on things that I'm paying for now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, joemac said:

Much more excited.  I can't wait to see this offense with a QB who actually has the ability, and is not scared of throwing the ball down the field.  Also a healthy CMC and the additions of Reddick and the others on Defense.  I think we are absolutely a better team at this point now than last year, and we still have the draft with the 8th pick.

I'm with you all the way dude. I'm feeling really good about the ways things are going. I'm not saying everything will be perfect but we are rebuilding a team in a way that I don't expect use to draft higher than pick 8 again for a very long time. I think we are going to have an organization to be proud of very soon. I believe this team will have Darnold clicking and our rooks from last season are only going to get better plus we now can concentrate on getting he best players for our team in this draft without worrying about which position they play. These guys have a plan and they are making it happen.

29 minutes ago, Growl said:

getting the rare opportunity to draft a top flight QB prospect doesn’t come along very often and signing some bust so you can “check a need” and “free yourself up” to draft some HOG MOLLY or other ancillary position that will just waste away here until we luck into a QB is an awful, awful approach that reeks of college coach/ new owner symbiotic stupidity (with a touch of Seattle draft idiocy thrown in for good measure)

And you're not guaranteed to have that opportunity now... Some of you have no clue how bad the 49ers move affected us getting a QB in this draft..