• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has the trade for Sam Darnold changed your outlook on the 2021 season?

hepcat

Are you more excited? Less excited? About the same? Are you wondering wtf this team is doing and wish Cam never left?

I'm about the same level of excitement, which is about as low as it has been since maybe the 2010 season. Darnold has a much higher ceiling and about the same floor as Teddy did, so worst case scenario, the Panthers are 2-15 and drafting close to #1 overall with the chance to get the best QB in the 2022 draft. Best case scenario, Darnold becomes the franchise QB the Panthers are hoping for, and paid a small price for him. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Kentucky Panther said:

1000 percent more interested. Not only do we have a better QB with more potential, but we get to add an exciting player around him since we don’t have to trade everything for a QB. 

I was probably not going to watch another game until Teddy was done. And now I don’t have to worry about that. 

This is another great point.   You get to add stuff to the team without giving up crazy compensation for a rookie..

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Not sure I’m that excited but definitely way more interested without Teddy. I am glad we didn’t sell the farm too. After dropping to 8 and killing my rebuild dream, this is better and at least interesting. 

Considering I had zero excitement before yesterday, not as crazy a jump as it sounds. 

• Pie 1

Much more excited.  I can't wait to see this offense with a QB who actually has the ability, and is not scared of throwing the ball down the field.  Also a healthy CMC and the additions of Reddick and the others on Defense.  I think we are absolutely a better team at this point now than last year, and we still have the draft with the 8th pick.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I am more excited after 6 years of playing football Sam darnold has arrived in the nfl he is young with crazy arm talent. He don’t have to do it all with the weapons we have so from that stand point it’s a plus. Looking to beef up the lines and probably more excited to add a true left tackle haven’t seen one here since gross. 

• Pie 1