• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has the trade for Sam Darnold changed your outlook on the 2021 season?

hepcat

1 minute ago, travisura said:

I was 5 years old in 2001 but I remember the 2010 season quite well. I don't think we will be quite that bad this year. If we are the worst team in the league I will be genuinely surprised. 

I have been here since game 1. I get your need for positivity but I've been up to my eyes in crap with the Panthers and have no blind optimism at this point. We are looking bottom 10 qgain at this point. The draft will make or break us. Like I said elsewhere, I hope we lose it all and get that 2022 #1 pick with the moves we have made. We could be setting ourselves up for 10 years of success riding Darnope into the ground in 2021.

31 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

1000 percent more interested. Not only do we have a better QB with more potential, but we get to add an exciting player around him since we don’t have to trade everything for a QB. 

I was probably not going to watch another game until Teddy was done. And now I don’t have to worry about that. 

The beauty of all this us even if Sam Darnold is not much better than Teddy we still weren't guaranteed that any of tjectookie was could have done us any better plus costing us draft capital. Now we can sensibly build thru the draft and if Darnold excels wham we are off in running and if he doesnt well at least a majority of other positions have been successfully upgraded and then we are still looking for our Moby Dick in a QB but maybe that's all we will need on the negative side of it all.

I'm def more excited to see what we actually have in Brady and what could be done with Darnold. Most of all I love us not being pidgeon holed at 8. Love the higher possibility of trading down. I liked the draft last year and am looking forward to seeing what they can do with this draft. IMHO unless Sewell Parsons or Surtain falls to us, trading back and getting a 2nd or 3rd this year along with a 1st next year is tantalizing

getting the rare opportunity to draft a top flight QB prospect doesn’t come along very often and signing some bust so you can “check a need” and “free yourself up” to draft some HOG MOLLY or other ancillary position that will just waste away here until we luck into a QB is an awful, awful approach that reeks of college coach/ new owner symbiotic stupidity (with a touch of Seattle draft idiocy thrown in for good measure)

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1