• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has the trade for Sam Darnold changed your outlook on the 2021 season?

hepcat

1 hour ago, travisura said:

I was 5 years old in 2001 but I remember the 2010 season quite well. I don't think we will be quite that bad this year. If we are the worst team in the league I will be genuinely surprised. 

That 2010 season was truly something special.  Lame duck coach, owner trying to save money for the lockout, and a quarterback who was devoid of any ability.  We had some talented players too in DWill, Stew, Smitty, etc. but man that team was ass.  

I think aside from Watson (pre allegations) this is the best possible scenario for the team as a whole. 

Darnold brings some level of continued stability with way more upside than Teddy, and allows us to draft to make the team better. 

if Pitts or Sewell isn’t there at 8, likely, then I would like to see a trade back and attain even more assets to build the team with. Remember the chiefs built a dominate team around Alex smith before inserting Pat. Even if Darnold isn’t the long term answer, this move allows us to continue to build out the roster while remaining competitive. And who knows maybe Darnold can thrive in this situation 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Bro you're not guaranteed that at all now. 

Please for 2 seconds take a look at the surrounding circumstances that the team was looking at before this move... 2 seconds..

3 QBS gone after the 1st 3 picks that is reality now...  ...

Atlanta isn't helping us at fuging all.. Either they pick a QB  or trade with another team that wants a QB.  So that's 4 gone in the top 4 picks...

So now the panthers are sweating the next 3 picks or getting fleeced of assets for the 5th QB in this draft..

How is that a smart position to be in???

You're thoughts are real but Is bet sweet odds one will be there and whether we like him or not, I bet hes better than the 32nd best qb.

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

You can’t have it both ways

Either the 49ers acquired a franchise QB and we didn’t and cost is irrelevant or the prospects aren’t very good and the trade didn’t affect us at all and the team is now stacking itself on the notion that none of these QB prospects will be very good

minimum investment options for minimum investment players aren’t actually conducive to the part of the sport that actually matters

I don't know what the 49ers acquired but they are a better team and don't need much of the assets giving up to find out...

If we had the 49ers team then I could see that move being smart but we don't...

We get a ? at QB and lose major assets the next few season to build around him.. How is that smart??

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Herbert said:

You're thoughts are real but Is bet sweet odds one will be there and whether we like him or not, I bet hes better than the 32nd best qb.

That's where we differ... 

You are willing to gamble that the 5 best QB in this draft drops to us..

I'd rather take the calculated risk that if we believe in our coaching we can make the best talent in a draft a few years ago better.. While building the rest of the team and keeping our assets..

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That's where we differ... 

You are willing to gamble that the 5 best QB in this draft drops to us..

I'd rather take the calculated risk that if we believe in our coaching we can make the best talent in a draft a few years ago better.. While building the rest of the team and keeping our assets..

Fair enough. The same buffoons who gambled on Teddy and our armchair GMs including myself said it was a colossal  mistake.

1 hour ago, Growl said:

Orxfuw5-_x96.jpg

Our advanced model simulated the NFL season 10,000 times. Carolina is a lot worse with Sam Darnold rather than Teddy Bridgewater

w/Teddy

Wins 7.5

DIV 3.6%

Playoff 17.4%

w/Sam

Wins 6.3

DIV 0.9%

Playoff 6.2%

Well, not having to listen to Teddy endlessly audible at the LOS should be worth one game by itself

PS. usually the audible didn’t work