• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm A Jets Fan Who's Hated Every QB We've Had Since Namath; Ask Me Anything

11 minutes ago, JetFan said:

This is a similar opinion to the OP, but I would say that Brady will implement a plan to fix these issues, at least from what Ive read about him. As opposed to Gase, who spent literally  2 years not communicating with his QB during games 

19 minutes ago, JetFan said:

This is a similar opinion to the OP, but I would say that Brady will implement a plan to fix these issues, at least from what Ive read about him. As opposed to Gase, who spent literally  2 years not communicating with his QB during games 

"Gase was criticized for his painfully horizontal offense, but have we considered the possibility that it was a result of Darnold’s own limitations as a passer?"

This is why the Gase argument falls flat.  We can all agree that Gase was a failure of a head coach.  But, what the "it's all gase" argument asks you to accept is that he was so inept, it was as if he doesn't generally understand basic concepts of football.  And, frankly, that's a funny position to take on the internet or talk radio, but you don't become an NFL head coach without the ability to recognize the this us idiots see plain as day.

There have been plenty of people around Darnold, you'd think, if some of this were able to be fixed, we'd see at least some signs of it.  He's also had Palmer as an independent QB coach.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

This forum thinks all this team needs is a Qb. They think a high draft pic at Qb is going to save the day. A lot on here has little or no football knowledge. It is tiresome sometimes. 

Replace Teddy with someone like Stafford LAST YEAR and we are challenging for a Wild Card spot all season.  Now, this season the overall roster seems much improved with the draft still to remain.  No team has no holes - but having your franchise QB in place with no questions around him certainly helps cover said holes up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, The Goddamn Jets said:

Was at the 2013 Game.  Fun Stadium, Fun City.  Good people.  Went home with a loss.

Title says it all.  Happy to offer thoughts on your new QB.

Do you think Flash Gordan could've won the Jets a supper bowl if he didn't go into space and save everyone of us?

50 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

This forum thinks all this team needs is a Qb. They think a high draft pic at Qb is going to save the day. A lot on here has little or no football knowledge. It is tiresome sometimes. 

No we don’t. We just know an improvement at QB would make the biggest impact.

Go get your world class LT or CB and tell me how many games that wins us.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Or ask Joe Thomas.

Ideally all the pieces work hand in hand to create something greater than the individual parts.  Football is the ultimate team game.  A franchise QB is the most important part of that team, but not the end all-be all.  

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You are starting a franchise and you have the choice between Mitch Trubisky, Sam Darnold and Jameis Winston. Which are you taking and why? 

Not surprising that there’s not much response to this question? 

Given that Trubisky would cost half of what Darnold does, and no draft picks to acquire, I would much rather take the chance on him. Winston would be a better bet as well. If all were available at same price he might be my first choice out of the 3. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

Ideally all the pieces work hand in hand to create something greater than the individual parts.  Football is the ultimate team game.  A franchise QB is the most important part of that team, but not the end all-be all.  

That’s true, but you can’t go very far consistently without a great QB.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1