• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New jersey numbers, onside kicks, overtime rules, and replay reviews are on the table

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I absolutely hate the 4th and 15 proposal. Like the other onside kick proposal though.

I totally agree.  It penalizes a team for being up two or more scores by basically giving the other team an extra possession when they are trying to catch up or tie a game.  It also seams a little gimmicky. I would not be a fan of this change at all. If you don't want to have to rely on an onside kick, don't find yourself down by two or more scores.   

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

DJ rocking No. 2?

He wore 1 at Maryland. I like the number change proposal but I don’t want a bunch of guys to all a sudden change numbers. I don’t have money to spend on jerseys. 

The spot and choose ot rule is strange.  Can't see that one ever happening.

The 4th and 15 rather than an onside kick will happen eventually because it will keep more games interesting at the end and I think a lot of the owners and tv execs will want it.  I don't really like it but I think it eventually happens.

I'm ok with the other idea for onside kicks.  They are too impossible currently.

The best replay review system was what they did in the AAF where it was extremely transparent as what was being looked at. I know the NFL will never be that good but at least meeting halfway would be a huge boost to the current wtf calls that come out at times.

• Pie 1

I just want to hear the fuging refs and everybody while they discuss the review like they did in the XFL. Hell even when I didn't agree with their decision on it I was a lot less upset with the decisions since I knew exactly what they were looking at and why they decided to make the call.

• Pie 3
22 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

He wore 1 at Maryland. I like the number change proposal but I don’t want a bunch of guys to all a sudden change numbers. I don’t have money to spend on jerseys. 

At one point the NFL had a policy that if a guy decided to change his number and jersey's were already produced, he had to buy all of the excess inventory of his old jersey number.  I have no idea if that is still in place.  I heard about it back when Purple Jesus (aka Adrian Peterson) was trying to switch his number to 23 with the Vikings. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/peterson-outraged-over-price-of-number-switch-09000d5d82684864

• Pie 1