• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer talks about Gase (and Tannehill; oh, and Darnold)

Mr. Scot

20 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

The Darnold/Tannehill comparison is the laziest take currently going, a simple google search would show you Tannehill worst season with Gase is better than Darnold best season. You can’t even use the supporting cast excuse, Tannehill supporting cast was just as bad if not worse. Let’s not forget Darnold was also terrible his rookie season with Bowles as his coach, meanwhile Tannehill at least put up decent numbers with the previous coach.

Tannehill being Darnold benchmark is laughable to begin with, I don’t want Tannehill as my franchise QB. Everyone in the world has seen over the last 2 playoffs or when ever the Titans struggle it’s cause the opposing team slows down Henry forcing the Tannehill to win the game. I want a QB that doesn’t need a perfect situation to win. 

But that’s was settling for castoff QBs get you

i quoted this to respond to this and debate some points but once I realized it was gooby who I'm certain only has anger and pessimism as his emotional states I just laughed instead.

14 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Gold star to you sir for recognizing an obscure quote from an overlooked 90's movie with great one liners.

I always thought The Last Boy Scout was a good popcorn movie for the time it was made. And yeah, it did have some good one liners. 

20 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Getting drafted, is that supposed to help your argument? Lmao

Thats how it works, you draft a QB give him a couple of years if it doesn’t workout you move on and try again.

And with how easy the transition from college to the pros today today’s game is, rookies QBs should be given less time. We just saw a rookie QB throw for 35 TD last year, and another rookie pass for 3 straight games of 300 yards

13 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Quote me were I specifically said two years 

And it is easier today more than ever, are you denying that?

Bolded for you. A couple generally means two.

As for easier than ever? That depends on the individual and which team drafts them. Things have changed in how teams treat rookies in the last decade or so. The feeling used to be that all QBs needed time to sit and learn. Now, teams have no problems throwing them out there day 1. It is very possible that some of them could have always played from day 1 if teams didn't make them sit.

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Thomas Davis and Steph Curry say hi. Don't hold injuries against someone unless it is to the same body part each time.

It’s a pattern. Some of y’all look at outliers way too much and think that somehow this player will be the same. And it doesn’t matter what body part. If a player is getting banged up and missing games year after year it means they can’t hold up in the nfl. I don’t hold it against them as far as thinking they’re soft. Football is a violent game.

like Matt rhule even said being available is an extremely important part of playing in the nfl. Because it’s true.

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

It’s a pattern. Some of y’all look at outliers way too much and think that somehow this player will be the same. And it doesn’t matter what body part. If a player is getting banged up and missing games year after year it means they can’t hold up in the nfl. I don’t hold it against them as far as thinking they’re soft. Football is a violent game.

like Matt rhule even said being available is an extremely important part of playing in the nfl. Because it’s true.

Only one thing to do then...

usa_today_13864855.jpg

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

It's not just outliers though. There have been a lot of players in the NFL and other sports that have played at high levels for a long time after having bad injuries. There have also been some that never recovered and played again. But, you give him a chance and see what happens. At worst the Panthers are looking for a QB again next year. But that could be true with a rookie or other vet as well.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

It's not just outliers though. There have been a lot of players in the NFL and other sports that have played at high levels for a long time after having bad injuries. There have also been some that never recovered and played again. But, you give him a chance and see what happens. At worst the Panthers are looking for a QB again next year. But that could be true with a rookie or other vet as well.

Darnold hasn’t ever played at a high level and he’s never played an entire nfl season. Those are red flags no matter what way you wanna spin it.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Only one thing to do then...

usa_today_13864855.jpg

Totally on board with him or slater if fields or Lance are not there at 8. I give Darnold a 10% chance we turn him into a franchise qb here.

magic ball, I think all 4 top ten qbs are gone by 8, including Sewell and we pick slater. He’s a great football player.

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Bolded for you. A couple generally means two.

As for easier than ever? That depends on the individual and which team drafts them. Things have changed in how teams treat rookies in the last decade or so. The feeling used to be that all QBs needed time to sit and learn. Now, teams have no problems throwing them out there day 1. It is very possible that some of them could have always played from day 1 if teams didn't make them sit.

So you couldn’t find were I “specifically” said 2 years

Yes it’s easier than ever, go look at the rookie QB records being obliterated over the last 10 years. Even guys look Jalen Hurts can come in and look good. We’re you in the give Jimmy Clausen another year camp?

2 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

I’ll gladly take Jake 2.0, if Darnold can become that.  Don’t let the pursuit of the perfect become the enemy of the good.

Nah I want a legit franchise QB, no such thing as perfect. But the years of team wasting time on game managers like Delhomme are long gone. Just look at Goff and Jimmy G, I mean look at Teddy.

I hope Sam does well for your franchise and fans.  Obviously, I see Sam through Cardinal and Gold glasses, so I’m staying away from comments about skill or talent, I can’t be objective.  Football is a team sport, so I wish your team well as a whole, not just the QB.