• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold going to be the next Tannehill or Josh Rosen?

Which one   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which one

• Tannehill like rise and prosper
    • Josh Rosen never can get there
    • A little in between

I think Joe Brady will make Darnold look like a steal. With that said, he’s going to mask some deficiencies that will remerge once Brady leaves for his HC gig. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
3 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

I think Joe Brady will make Darnold look like a steal. With that said, he’s going to mask some deficiencies that will remerge once Brady leaves for his HC gig. 

Did Brady do that with Teddy? Why do you think that?

• Pie 1

If we fix the OL in the draft (mainly a top LT) I wouldn't be surprised if Darnold has a great season, similar to Tannehill in Tennessee. But I don't think either of them are ideal franchise QBs to rely on. Even if Darnold has an amazing season we should be looking for our long term guy. Best case scenario for us going forward is Darnold playing solid next year and proving more valuable than what we gave up for him, and then Watson is cleared and we're able to trade for him using Darnold (or assets from trading Darnold to another team) and picks and maybe a young defensive player. I do not think we're anywhere near being out of the Watson sweepstakes, just have to wait to see what happens with his off field issues. Of course there's a chance Watson never plays another down in the NFL too...

• Pie 1

I think hes going to explode due to actual constructive coaching and weapons. 

which will be a superbowl winning move, considering we can actually build a strong solid team. a 2nd will look like such a  steal. 

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

WTF knows? I'm hoping he Drew Brees the whole thing and sees a career renaissance. Brees, though, sure had a better first landing spot than the Jets.

And a HUGE rule change that helped him out as much as any QB since.  

• Pie 1
50 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Did Brady do that with Teddy? Why do you think that?

Teddy is physically limited from his injury and also is adverse to taking any chances until the game is on the line.