• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Backup RB? Giovani Bernard released.

hepcat

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Wow.  Time has flown...  it seems like it was just yesterday that he took over that game versus State and ran back that punt for a TD.  I know he's had a few injuries, but he has produced when given the touches...  I feel like Cincy always underutilized him.  

I wouldn't mind bringing him in, but being he's a 30 yo RB, I wouldn't bank on him being around after camp, and if he is then that would be a welcomed bonus.

I'll never forget being at that game (surrounded by a ton of UNC friends as a State fan), calling exactly what was about to happen.  As soon as TOB decided to punt, I knew Gio was about to make a house call. Kenan was insane after that play while I sat there pissed at the world. 

As others have said, would rather draft a guy.  If we don't come out of the draft with a RB though, Gio is a nice consolation prize and someone I think can be a poor man's CMC for a year if needed. 

• Beer 1