• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting a QB

Dog Runner

I think it all depends on evaluation of the player(s) that are available there.

That said, I prefer, given the team's actions thus far, that we build around a guy we, presumably, see as a possible answer at the position. If we don't adequately protect him (Darnold), the investment has been wasted because no proper evaluation can likely be made.

In addition, the core of any good football team is built at its foundation - at the point of attack.

• Pie 1

I say build the line. See if we can't sucker Denver into trading up one spot (if they don't trade up to 4 or 7), attempt to recoup our 2nd next year then draft a tackle. 

I'm not sold on Darnold but I'm willing to give him a chance. Doing so would involve providing him a great Line to play behind. 

• Pie 3

I believe Fitterer once mentioned something alike "throwing poo at the wall and see what sticks" so I wouldn't be suprised if we draft a QB. That being said, there was a report mentioning that we weren't too enticed with the QB's outside of the best two, so maybe in a later round, but not at pick 8. 

• Beer 1

There is no need for draft QB at 8th pick because we need this pick for Slater or Sewell to Protect our young QB (Sam Darnold) but I would rather look at developing QB on late-round like Kelly mond or Jamies Newman on 3rd or 4th round Then Sit them behind Sam for watch and learn from Joe brady to Help and develop them.

Prove me if I'm wrong for this what I said.

• Pie 3

It really surprised me when I heard Darnold is younger than Burrow.

For me it depends on how it all unfolds and which one it is.  I think Lance would be the guy to grab if he's there.  He's not needing to be thrown out to the wolves just yet.  If Mond presents value in round 3 (if available) that's another possibility but I'm not taking him in the second.  It's all about that big board of ours in the war room come draft day and who's remaining in the top block.

Fields could be worth more to us to trade out of the pick to someone like the Broncos or Pats.  Could probably net us at least a future 2nd and mid-rounder back and we still get a stud like Vera-Tucker R1 or Mayfield/Cosmi R2.

Lots of possibilities.  But yep, maybe Lance at 8 if there, Mond in R3.  The value would make sense but I'm fine building elsewhere.

• Beer 1